Prologue, Book 3, "The breakout"

Polaris and Luna sit by a stream nearby Luna's house. "-and that's why I'm staying with my Aunt Andromeda for the summer." says Polaris, scratching his curling dark brown hair.

"Well, I'm glad you're alright. My mother used to say that the kindest people live hard lives." Says Luna, looking at Polaris warmly.

Frantic footsteps come from behind them, and after turning around, they see Mr. Lovegood running towards them at full speed. "You two, get inside, now." He orders. Hearing the urgency in his voice, Polaris and Luna obey without questioning it.

After closing the door behind him, Mr. Lovegood explains what is going on. "Sirius Black has just escaped Azkaban." Luna gasps, while Polaris simply nods "I was wondering if he would ever figure it out. My uncle Reggie, his brother, always told me about how smart he is, even if he acts dumb at times." he says in an emotionless voice.

"Have you ever met him?" Luna asks "No, I never did. Uncle Reggie used to tell me stories of how he escaped his family, and how he wished he did the same. I kind of look up to him because of that." Polaris replies, looking away from Luna with a single tear in his eye.

Luna wraps her arm around Polaris's shoulder and hugs him, making him blush a little (😏). "It'll be alright, I know it will." She says quietly. "Thanks, Luna." Polaris replies, unsure of how to respond.

Mr. Lovegood writes something down on a piece of parchment, and attaches it to an owl. An hour later, Nymphadora apparates in the room "Pol, thank Merlin you are safe." She says, sighing. "That I am. Are you bringing me back to Aunt Andromeda?" Polaris responds while reaching into his bag. "Yup, mum and dad are worried." Says Nymphadora, glancing at Luna.

"Alright, just give me a sec." Says Polaris, who pulls out a notebook "Here, Luna. If you ever want to talk to me, write in this notebook. I'll be able to see it and write back, and it's quicker than using Castor." He continues, handing Luna said notebook.

Polaris then stands up and walks up to Nymphadora, grabbing her arm. "Ready?" She asks, to which Polaris responds "Yes.". After one last glance at Luna, Nymphadora spins in place and apparates to Aunt Andromeda's house.