"Dad." Jensen came downstairs from hearing all the noise. His voice was soft. Like he was scared.

I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes when Sasha's hand palmed my face. "It's ok. It's ok," she said. I leaned into her palm. I blinked and breathed rapidly to calm myself down. I holstered my gun then turned to my son.

"Come here." He ran to me and jumped into my arms. I ruffled his hair and smiled.

"You good?" I asked.

He nodded and smiled. "I see you lost another tooth."

"Yep, see." He dropped his tooth in my hand.

"Nice."

"I'm going to put it under my pillow."

"Ok, you do that. Go on back upstairs. We'll bathe and tuck you in before we leave for the party."

He nodded. I put him down.

He looked up at me. "Are you okay?"

I squat down to him.

"Yes, sometimes I feel an adrenaline rush and heat that I have to breathe through, but don't ever be afraid of it. I won't hurt you."

"I'm not afraid, but why do you feel heat."

"Because I want to kill."

"Why."

"Because I get angry and suddenly, it happens."

"Is that why your eyes look like that?"

Fuck. I cursed inside my head.

"Yeah."

"Why are you angry when no one is here but your family."

"They are the ones that made me angry."

"Why."

"Because my father abandoned me when I was little."

He nodded his head. "I understand. Has he said he's sorry yet."

I chuckled. "No."

"Have you given him the chance?"

"No. I don't want to."

He wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me. He kissed me then patted my head. "You'll be ok."

I chuckled. "Yes, I will. Now go on upstairs." He nodded and ran off.

I stood, closed my eyes, rolled my neck on my shoulders. My eyes snapped open. They centered on my family. Especially the motherfucker that thinks he knows me.

"Don't you ever come into my house and tell me how I should feel about something that happened to me."

Ricardo stepped up to me. "Why haven't you asked him yet?"

"Because I don't give a fuck."

"Then why are you so angry baby Kismet."

I remained silent. I felt my eyes flare back up.

He smirked then nodded to himself. "You definitely are your great grandmother's grandson. I'm sorry. I overstep. Never saw your father drum up this much patience, but if anyone deserving, it's his estranged son. I was angry on his behalf."

I nodded.

"But since we're breaking the ice. Let's break some more. Your father was deported when you were two. He couldn't come back over here without going to jail. They had every phone line tied to you tapped. He physically couldn't be there. Interpol tried to arrest him for years. They couldn't pin anything on him, so they did the next best thing. They made him leave the country. Even now they could trace him here to you and trust me. You don't want Interpol on your ass.