𝟎𝟕 | 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤

🂱𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🂱

🂱𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🂱

The fact that I've been standing outside Tate's dorm door for 15 minutes is a lie. Actually, it's already half an hour. If not more.

I don't understand why I'm so nervous, you know that sick feeling in your stomach and your hands are shaking, that's exactly what's happening to me right now.

I suppose Tate is wondering where I am, when if he looked at his front door he would know the answer.

I gathered my resolve and finally raised my fist to the door. It was only when there was a knock that I realized that I probably couldn't run away anymore.

I heard footsteps from the other side, and my heart immediately sped up.

Why am I so afraid? After all, it's nothing, we'll do homework together, which will take less than half an hour, and I'll go again. It's that simple.

The door finally opened and when I saw Tate I looked him over from head to toe. From the smirk on his face, I realized that he had noticed, so I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey, follow me, we'll go to my room if you don't mind." He said and let me into their dorm.

"Yeah, sure." I looked around their dorm on the way to his room. It was surprisingly clean for two guys living here.

When we got to his room, I looked around.

"Nice room you have," I said as I walked around. On the shelf I saw a picture of a boy and a little girl standing and hugging. I smiled at that and he came up beside me.

"Thanks. That's my sister, Ruby." He said, pointing to the picture. They really looked alike. Then I went to sit at his desk.

We started doing homework together and occasionally looked at each other. I felt butterflies in my stomach every time we accidentally touched. It was like I was some little girl falling in love for the first time. No, I wasn't in love, I just wasn't used to spending time with anyone other than girls. I'd already finished my homework and was waiting for Tate if he needed help.

"Okay, I'm done too," he closed his textbook and put all his stuff away, I just sat there awkwardly waiting for something to do.

"I can leave now if you need me to?" I didn't want to go to my dorm because I knew what Jada and Damien would be doing there. I don't want to hear it again but if he needs me to leave I'll have to hear it.

"No, you don't have to, or, I mean, if you want to go you can but I don't want you to leave," I smirked at his answer and raised an eyebrow.

"Aww, you don't want me to leave, you're so nice." I poked his cheek with my finger and he made a face.

"You know, I just want to spare you the sex ed that would be waiting for you in your dorm, you can thank me."

We finally decided to watch a movie together in the living room. We started making snacks in the kitchen, Tate loaned me a blanket that smelled like him by the way, that made everything a thousand times better and we finally sat next to each other on the couch and turned on the TV. After much deliberation, we decided to watch a thriller.

I woke up after a great night's sleep and when I opened my eyes I realized I wasn't in my dorm.

My head was resting on Tate's shoulder, the room was dark and the TV was still playing. Tate started moving next to me too, looking just as confused as I was.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily, searching for my cell phone. After a moment, I found it and looked at the time. 1am. Damn, how did I stay here so long? And how did we sleep so long?

"Shit, I have to go, it's already 1am," I said and grabbed my stuff. Tate walked me to the door and leaned against the frame.

"Good night, Drea." He said, his voice still hoarse from sleep. That was fucking hot.

"Night, Tate," I got up and walked down the hall back to my dorm.

🂱🂱🂱

I began to roll over on the bed, tossing and turning, and slowly woke up. I stretched hard and grabbed my phone off the bedside table, finding it was 7am. Even though I'm not going to school today because it's the weekend, I'm up early.

After going back to my dorm last night, I continued to sleep. Normally I wouldn't wake up until 10am, at best. I'd like to say I finally don't have to go to school, but I can't say that. I actually kind of like it here, I feel more free, I haven't met people I have a problem with yet but that could change.

I slowly made my way out of bed and into the kitchen to get some breakfast. I opened the fridge, I saw the eggs I was buying so I decided to make scrambled eggs. As I was closing the fridge, a voice startled me and I jumped.

"You came home late last night, what were you doing there?"

"For God's sake Damien, you scared me, and could you please put something on?" I covered my eyes so I wouldn't have to see his underwear. Does he have a habit of walking around the house naked?

"You still haven't answered me, what have you been doing for so long?" he just stood there, not even acknowledging my request.

"We watched a movie and fell asleep after we finished our homework, that's all," he rolled his eyes and looked at me. "Where's Jada?" I asked.

"She's still asleep, she had a lot on her plate last night," he said, grinning. Oh my God, not again.

"Can you stop? Geez, did you do it on the kitchen counter too?" I said jokingly but I noticed how quiet he was. I looked at him with bulging eyes and immediately backed away from the kitchen counter.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Ew that's gross."

"Then I cleaned it up-" I cut him off immediately.

"Now clean that kitchen counter in front of me one more time, if I see you missed one spot I swear I'll kill you."

And that was a promise.

I have two loyal readers! That's my progress

I have two loyal readers! That's my progress. I love you!!

~ Maia