𝟎𝟑 | 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮

🂱𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🂱

🂱𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🂱

Mrs. McKinney left and wished me a good start here. I'm really gonna need that. It's just me and Mom standing in the hallway now. God, this is gonna be awkward.

"I hope you'll be good here," she started, patting my hand, and I immediately moved away.

"I'm not a pet," I said. She looked quite disappointed, if I didn't know her I would have said she looked sad too.

"Drea I know this is hard, I want you to know that I'm going to miss you-" I couldn't listen to this anymore. I started shaking my head and interrupted her talking.

"You won't miss me, don't tell me if it's not true. And if you'll excuse me, I have to unpack my things. Bye." I tucked the key in the lock and opened the door. I took one last look at her and closed the door.

I looked around and noticed I was in a small hallway. There was a shoe rack and a coat rack, both half empty. There were women's shoes and women's jackets so I was a little relieved that I wouldn't have to share a room with a guy.

They probably wouldn't have allowed that here anyway, but I'm still glad. I walked down the hallway to a small kitchen connected to the living room. It looked clean, so I guess I'm lucky.

"Oh my God, hi!" I heard behind me. There was a blonde girl standing there with a big smile. She ran up behind me and hugged me. I stood there like a statue when I realized that maybe I should do something. I tentatively hugged her back. She suddenly jumped away from me.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited. I've been here for almost four years on my own, I've never had anyone assigned to me. But I'm so glad you're here." She said nervously and I laughed.

"It's okay, I'm glad I have a room with you, you seem nice." She smiled sweetly at me. God this girl has a smile stitched to her face. Good for her.

"Oh yeah, she's nice," came another voice, deeper this time. A boy with glasses and dark hair appeared behind her. He put his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him.

"I completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jada and this is my boyfriend Damien," I don't understand why she's so nervous.

"I'm Drea, it's nice to meet you," for the moment I hope this ends because it's getting awkward.

"Your room is across from mine, there's an open door so you'll recognize it," she informed me and pointed to the door. I gave a small smile and made my way to the room. I walked up to the white door and entered the room.