𝟎𝟔 | 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐬

🂱𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🂱

🂱𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕🂱

I've learned a few new things in my time here. Like Nova's afraid of throwing up, Miles is younger than me, Tate is older than me, and most importantly, I found out I need to get earplugs.

What I've heard several times in the week I've been here has traumatized me for the rest of my life. I don't want to exaggerate, but Jada's moans are really loud. Maybe she should get a new bed, because it's squeaking.

I guess I'm gonna have to get used to all this because if I have to go into the kitchen every morning and see Jada in just Damien's shirt and Damien in just his underwear, I better pour bleach in my eyes.

It's currently Friday morning, and I have exactly what I just described in sight. Don't get me wrong, I understand all that, but I'm just not used to having a roommate, and one who's sexually active.

I think I'll tell her to start putting a sock on the doorknob of our dorm so I don't have to be here when they go at it. Am I exaggerating? I don't think so.

I made a quick breakfast in the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen counter. At breakfast, I was finishing up my Math and Spanish homework. The two lovers had finally cleaned up back in their room and I could finally concentrate properly.

Seeing that I was supposed to be in the cafeteria with the others in half an hour, I went to my room to get ready.

I put on a pair of grey jeans that I hadn't worn in a long time and a light grey sweatshirt to go with it, put my hair up in a messy bun, and put on some rings and earrings. Finally, I put on my favorite perfume, grabbed my school bag and walked out of the room.

It looked like Jada and Damien had already left, so I slipped on my white Converse in the hallway and walked out of the dorm. I took the same route I take every day and found myself in the cafeteria.

The others were already sitting at the table so I walked over to them and sat down in my usual spot across from Tate.

"Good morning," Tate greeted me and slid a cup of coffee towards me. I looked at it confusedly and smiled a little.

"Morning, what do I deserve this for?" I asked him and he just laughed.

"No reason, I stopped by the coffee shop this morning and got you coffee too."

"Don't forget to mention the fact that you only brought it to her and you totally bailed on us," Damien said quietly, snuggling Jada close to him.

"Because you don't deserve it, you bailed on me yesterday," Tate told him and he spread his hands and opened his mouth, acting confused.

"Maybe you should be glad he bailed on you," I muttered under my breath.

Everyone at the table looked at me and raised their eyebrows. "Well, all I'm saying is you can be glad they were at our place and not yours." I added.

"What do you mean?" Jada asked and I just gave her a devilish smile before I started talking.

"Oh yes, Damien, yes, fuck, right there-" I was interrupted by Jada putting her hand over my mouth, silencing me. Everyone at the table started laughing and Damien rolled his eyes at me.

It was times like this when I really liked being with these people. We laughed, I was more and more involved in the conversation and I didn't feel so left out. In fact, I almost felt like I'd been here forever. Unfortunately, the bell rang and we each had to go to different classes.

Tate and I walked to the math room and sat together in the very back. We went over the homework we had to do and before class started we talked. During class we occasionally clarified procedures but otherwise didn't talk much. We got more homework and then finally the class was over.

"Do you want to do the homework together?" Tate asked me.

"Uh... well,"

"Sorry, we don't have to, I just-"

"No no, it's okay, we can do it together." I assured him.

"We can go to my place, Damien will be in your dorm anyway." He said as we turned down the hall. We reached the end of the hallway and stopped, standing across from each other.

"What's your dorm number?" I asked him, pulling out my phone so I could write the number down.

"It's 155, it's on the first floor," he told me, and then we started working out the details. I still have time after school and I'm not going to his place until 5pm.

🂱🂱🂱

I'm supposed to be at Tate's dorm in a little while and I'm starting to get ready. I don't know why I'm putting so much effort into it, we're just going to do homework after all.

I put on my nike sweatpants and a sweatshirt and let my hair down. I have to wash them today.

(The slippers are with socks!!)

I took the perfume and applied it, I feel like I put on too much. Better more than less.

I put the papers I need with me in the folder. I put on my fluffy slippers in the hallway and left my dorm. You can do it. If you try, maybe it won't even be awkward.

 If you try, maybe it won't even be awkward

Lots of love
~ Maia