Chapter 17: A Treat for You

Later in the evening, everyone gathers back at Main Street.

Leona says to Ruggie and the group, "You nearly botched the whole thing, Ruggie!"

"Hey, don't blame me. If you wanna blame someone, submit a complaint to whoever's bright idea it was to be all 'authentic' with botanical garden squalls on a timer!" Ruggie says in defense.

"That was a fabulous show you all put on," Sereia says.

"Of course it was. It had me headlining," Leona says.

"Ruggie and I didn't get to see your act, but..." Grim says, "...I'd bet thaumarks to tuna cans that Kalim and Jamil carried the whole thing."

But Kalim says, "That's not true at all. Leona was so dazzling back there, he outshone the whole rest of the gala! I was floored."

"It's okay, Kalim. You don't have to sugarcoat it for us. You're a real kind soul, though," Ruggie says.

Leona frowns in response, "I don't much appreciate your attitude. Is that how you talk about someone who saved your tails?"

"Are you sure that wasn't just you doing your normal thing?" Jamil questions.

"But still, I think you were really amazing, Leona," Briar says.

"Either way, we got the magestone back, and the school's back to normal. The day is saved," Kalim says.

"That's true," Briar says.

Suddenly, they hear a voice, "Briar!"

Briar and the others turn to see Trinket flying over to them, and seem to be carrying something wrapped in some leaves

"Hi Trinket, how's the Gala going?" Briar replies.

"Doing good. I can tell you kept the bell Macey gave you. I have something for you and the others," Trinket says, and gives the leaves to Briar.

Briar takes a bundle of leaves, unwraps it, and reveals it to be 2 silver bells, 2 gold bells, and one that looks like it's made of rose gold.

"Those are Translator Bells," Briar says, surprised.

"Yes. I was able to make five bells. One for each of you. The Rose Gold one is yours Briar. Grim, Sereia, you, you both can use one too.

"That's nice of you Trinket. I'll take the gold one," Sereia says.

"Silver for me," Grim says.

Each takes a bell.

"And the last ones are for Tanzanite and Jasper," Trinker says.

"Thank you Trinket, that's very nice of you," Briar says.

"You've all been so nice to me, so I want to give you something to express my thanks for being good friends," Trinket says.

"That's pretty cool of you," Grim says.

"Yes. You're a good friend too, Trinket," Briar says.

Suddenly, a familiar voice says, "Hello there."

Leona groans in frustration, "Ugh. Cue buzzkills."

The ones walking over are Vil and Professor Crewel.

Once arriving, Vil says, "I see it's over."

"Professor Crewel. Vil. You certainly have good timing," Jamil says.

"We were watching the whole affair via a drone feed that Shroud set up," Crewel says.

"And? What'd you think of our show?" Leona questions.

Vil remains silent.

And then says, "Heh. You pass. You see how you managed to bring out your best and then some? Be grateful you had me for a coach."

"Instructor Viiil!" Kalim happily says.

"Do you really have to make a whole production out of it?" Ruggie asks.

"I kind of get it. Those were some really demanding lessons," Jamil says.

"Since you've all been such good boys, I have a treat for you," Crewel says.

This has Ruggie excited, "You do?! Gimme, gimme!"

"I present to you... your next ensembles!" Crewel says, "Custom-made by yours truly, of course."

"Wait. What do you mean, 'next'?" Jamil asks.

"What do you mean by that?" Briar asks.

"After watching that stream, I'm convinced. With my coaching, your team can reach greater heights than ever. We'll throw in Ruggie, Grim, and Sereia to give the team a boost..." Vil says, "...and next time, you'll be walking down the runway of the biggest fashion show in all of Twisted Wonderland!"

Soon, four of the boys scream, "WE'D RATHER SASHAY AWAY, THANKS!"

Then Leona, Ruggie, Jamil, and Grim run off.

Kalim, Briar, Trinket, and Sereia look at each other and begin laughing. Despite the hitches, the Fashion Show is proven to be a success, and the magestone has been secured without any trouble.