Chapter 11: Swipe the Tiara!

Several days later...

Today is the day of the Fairy Gala, and Briar and the others are getting ready to head to the gala and to the fashion show.

"At last, the day of the Fairy Gala is upon us," Vil says.

Kalim holds the sash and asks, "How do I put on this sash again?"

"Here, let me," Jamil says and helps Kalim put the sash on, "You drape it over your shoulders like...so. There, done."

Briar places her flower tiara on her head.

"Does the tiara looks good?" Briar asks.

"Looks good," Crewel says, but makes sure to adjust the tiara so it will fit.

"Gotta say, wearing these fancy duds makes me feel kinda antsy. And itchy, now that I think about it," Ruggie says.

"You could make it look convincing if you just chilled out. Stop fidgeting," Leona says, annoyed.

"You guys all look like a million thaumarks! Like, you're LITERALLY sparkling," Grim happily says.

"The embroidery probably helps there, but I'm guessing that's mostly the fairy dust at work," Jamil says.

"I think you all look amazing," Briar says.

Leona then says to Briar, "I guess you don't look half-bad yourself, for an herbivore."

"Yes, Briar, you're certainly going to fit right in at a fairy engagement," Jamil says.

Briar blushes, "Thank you."

Vil walks over and asks, "Are you all completely prepared? If you get sloppy at the last minute, you'll be letting all your hard training go to waste. Check your makeup in the mirror THOROUGHLY. You started out as poorly-washed spuds, and frankly, I had my doubts about you. But today, you're looking positively presentable."

"Aw..." Kalim replies. Then let out loudly, "AWWW, VIIIIIL! I wouldn't have gotten these dance steps down without you, dance instructor. I'll do my part when it's showtime!"

"Whatever you do, don't forget your ultimate goal. Your task it to retake the magestone stolen by the fairies," Vil explains their mission, "Without it, our school will remain in an indefinite state of turmoil. Hear me when I say that the runway is a battlefield. You'll need to put on the finest possible performance to steal the show and swipe that tiara!"

"Yes, sir!" Everyone replies.

And with that, the group head off to the botanical garden to carry out their mission.

Soon, the group is in front of the Botanical Garden.

"The botanical garden serving as the Fairy Gala venue is just through these doors," Jamil says, "From this point forward, everyone we encounter will be fae. No one must find out that we're human. Exercise all due caution. That goes double for..." but notices something off, "Hm? Wait. Where's Kalim?"

Everyone looks around and sees that Kalim is gone.

"Huh? He was just here a minute ago!" Ruggie says.

"He's wandered off already?" Leona questions.

Suddenly, Kalim rushes over as he calls out, "Heeey! Guys!"

Jamil rushes to Kalim, "Kalim, do NOT wander off on your own! Would it hurt you to take this at least a little seriously?"

"Could you come over and help me for a sec? It's urgent!" Kalim says, sounding upset.

"What could you possibly find that urgent? "Jamil questions, "We're not here for merrymaking, if I may remind you—"

But Kalim grabs Jamil's hand, "Just come on!" And runs off along with Jamil.