"Room? What room?" I asked, a sense of unease creeping over me.  

"The torture room, of course."

I frowned slightly. "Uh... Where were you yesterday?"

Aiden took both of my hands, his expression filled with regret. "You were looking for me yesterday?" he asked. "I'm sorry I didn't come to see you right away. I was with father and Lucas in the room."

I understand why Edmund and Lucas were present in the torture room but for a child to witness someone being tortured. I couldn't help but stare at Aiden in dread.

Don't tell me he was taking notes on how to properly torture someone in the future. And that someone is... I quickly pushed the thought aside as my stomach twisted painfully. My relationship with my brother had been improving, let's not entertain the idea that he might someday torture me.

"And Ciel was with me," Aiden added. Seeing my horrified expression, he continued, "He said he wanted to see his father. I suppose for a kid who was forced to watch his mother being killed by that man, he'll do anything to see him suffer."

A heavy silence hung between us as we strolled around the garden. 

"I'm glad that man is dead."

"His death was already set when he disrespected mother and especially after what he did to you,"  Aiden said, his expression darkening with anger.

"Did..to me?" I confusedly asked.  Besides threatening me, I couldn't recall the man doing anything else.

"That man harassed you!" Aiden exclaimed in frustration as if he was talking to someone who's oblivious. "What are you so confused about? Did you lose your memory because you were emotionally shocked? That always happens to Lucas when Mykel brings up Lucas' first; he suddenly wears that same confused look you just had."

"Lucas' first?"

"I have no clue. Mykel wouldn't tell me, saying I was too young to understand. And don't change the subject!"

"I'm not changing the subject. You were the one– you know what, never mind." The captain was probably acting, evading the subject. For him to react like that it seemed to be one of his darkest secrets. I should bring that up when I get a chance.

"Sister, do you truly not remember?" He asked. He then let go of my hand and walked ahead of me. Deep in thought, he mumbled to himself, "Perhaps this is better for her."

Setting aside the horrible things he committed against his family, I couldn't shake the feeling of bewilderment. When did I become the victim of his harassment?

"...I think it's the other way around."

Aiden turned around with a frown on his face. "Why are you defending that despicable man? He violated your hand!"

Oy! Why are you looking at my hand with such disgust?!

When afternoon came, I found Ciel in the music room. A servant informed me that he had headed straight to the room upon his arrival and had been there for quite some time.

Seated by the piano, was the mute boy, his fingers dancing delicately across the keys. The room was filled with the echoes of simple chords, each press of a key and every pause between notes expressed his emotions without the need for words.

They said that music is a medicine for the heart and mind.

As I listened, my heart swelled with both joy and sadness, swept away by the flow of the melodies. It was as if he's telling a story.

His fingers froze mid-air, abruptly halting the sound. The mute boy was startled by my presence as he looked at me with a hint of panic in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I somehow disturb you?" I asked, pushing the door of the music room wider.