Chapter 13

Rex

“ENOUGH! STOP IT! SHUT UP!” She yelled.

“Do you think I'm easy to manipulate? You claim that you love me right? You'll do anything, Let me go! LEAVE ME ALONE! My life will be in a much better place—without you.” She simmered with anger, unleashing a fiery shout.

"You're not entitled to anything less, Sunflower. You deserve the best—with me," I smoothly retorted immediately. She squeezed her eyes shut in frustration, rubbing her temples with her thumb and index finger before raking her hands through her hair. 

My body reacted, betraying me in the most inconvenient moment. Excitement stirred between my legs, my cock twitched beneath the layers. Bad timing. The remedy for this ache—the little kitten isn't fast asleep; instead she's getting riled up right now.

She turned away to leave, defeated. My eyes hardened. I gritted teeth, closing my eyes and throwing my head back in annoyance.

Damn this woman.

Every little thing she does gets me going and sets me on fire. She breathes and my arousal skyrockets. She flutters her lashes, and my cock perks up. With a deep breath, I run my fingers through my hair, realising I'm about to do something I never thought I'd be capable of.

I sauntered past and couldn't resist halting in front of her. Dropping on my knees, I locked eyes with her and sparks flew in my entire body. The intensity of my fiery gaze froze her in her tracks. Holding her gaze captive, I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. A visible shiver ran down her spine as she gulped, stunned into silence, unable to act on repulsion.

“Please Mrs. Riviera." I begged, my mumble muffled against her stomach. "Your absence would be my undoing, your silence a death sentence.” I whispered, tightening my arms around her waist.

“Ditch the hatred for once Sunflower, embrace my love. I want to be the balm that soothes your life's inevitable scrapes. Don't let rigid and outdated rules steal your peace.” For the first time ever in my life, I felt worthy and valuable. I begged on my knees, but I felt triumphant and victorious. 

“Forgiveness is the key that unlocks your happiness. I'm not asking you to forget anything. Remember the past, but don't let it chain you to bitterness. For, all you'll find there is heartache. Life's tough enough already, so choose an easy way princess. I'm not asking for forgiveness or redemption. I'm just begging you to stay, because without you, there's nothing left for me. I'm not asking you to love me, just let me love you. Please."

My tears left marks on her shirt. I never knew I was capable of shedding tears, she has such influence over me that she can make me feel every emotion I've buried deep inside.

Tears streamed down her face, mixing with mine as we stood motionless and frozen in silence. Time passed, I knew she wrestled the urge and struggled against the impulse to push me away, yet hesitated to make contact and touch me.

"You're selfish. You want me to stay because you can't let go of me. You're doing this for yourself, not me. This is about you, not me,"

She whispered. I tightened my hold on her waist, drawing her closer and buried my face in her stomach. Her hands gripped my shoulders instinctively.

“This is about us. This is about you and me. There's no Rex Riviera without Arabella Rex Riviera. I exist because you exist.” She snorted humorlessly.

“And I exist because you allow it. Ironic, right?” My heart dropped at her sharp piercing tone.

“Yes." My tone hardened. "If that keeps you alive and by my side, close to me, then I'll seize the power and control over your existence,” I declared and pressed my lips against her stomach, lingering for a moment.