Chapter 11

Arabella

“I'm jealous.”

He tossed me around beneath him before pinning my wrists above my head, so I was facing him obediently. I froze immediately in place like a lifeless corpse. All my struggles died down and difficulties vanished. I felt nothing, completely blank and numb.

Jealous?

Rage boiled inside me, a strong wave of fury washed over me. I gritted my teeth in disbelief at his boldness and audacity.

"You never even glanced in the direction I passed by. That's your mistake Mrs. Riviera and you'll pay the price for it. You're my endless obsession and you belong right here, in my arms, by my side."

I stared at him in utter disbelief and shock as if he had grown two heads. He smiled—evilly.

"You're the forbidden fruit—my forbidden fruit, tempting me with every glance, every breath. And I will have you, completely and utterly, until there is nothing left but—us.”

He whispered, gazing deeply into my eyes, his pupils dilated before darkening, revealing his psychopathic tendencies, his sick pleasure in witnessing my suffering. He held both my wrists with one hand while the other gently cradled my jaw, tenderly stroking my face with his thumb.

"You're the flame that consumes me, my every thought, the obsession that drives me to the brink of madness. I will possess you, body and soul, until you're mine in every sense of the world." He announced. I thrashed.

“I'm not an object to be owned. I'm—” I spat furiously.

“—The epitome of desire, the embodiment of everything I crave. And I will stop at nothing to make you mine, to claim you as my own." I gritted my teeth. Profound fury surged through me at his blatant remarks.

“You're sick! You're a psychopath—” I shouted, thrashing violently. A loud thunderous laugh rumbled through his chest silencing all my attempts at escape.

"You're a mini storm Mrs. Riviera." he leaned down and bit my bottom lip, "The storm that rages within me, my darkest temptation, my most tantalising desire. You're the prize I have longed for, the beautiful dream that haunts my nightmares. You're the object of my obsession, the one thing I cannot live without. You're the fire that burns within me, my ultimate and the wildest fantasy.”

He whispered softly as he tenderly caressed my cheek, sending shivers down my spine. His confession seemed sincere, devoid of deceit or manipulation. His words gave away no hint of a lie.

But then he's, The Rex Riviera, the master of manipulation, The entity that leads the devils.

“I will make you mine, regardless of the cost, regardless of the consequences. I will stop at nothing to possess you without reservation. You'll be mine by any means necessary, no matter the repercussions, bending to my will until you're utterly powerless to resist, until your every thought revolves around me and me alone.”

He announced and smiled softly before rising and tenderly coaxing me up with him. Standing beside the bed, I found myself facing him, close, as he loomed over me, towering above with me barely reaching his shoulders. With a smile, he glanced down at me, while my mind raced in every direction, leaving me completely drained.

"Only you hold the sole authority to compel me to lower my head in submission before you, Mrs. Riviera." He smiled while leaning further down and planting a kiss on my forehead.

I shut my eyes. His lips stayed on my forehead even after the kiss, not moving away as if savouring every single second that passed. I frowned, his words echoing in my mind.