Chapter 20-Captain America

At the Red Room, Dreykov watched the intense battle unfolding on the monitors with a cold detachment. His steely gaze remained fixed on the screen, his expression betraying no hint of emotion as he observed the conflict between Wanda and Yelena.

As the two women clashed with a ferocity that bordered on primal, Dreykov's lips curled into a sardonic smirk. To him, it was all just a game—a cruel test of loyalty and obedience designed to weed out the weak and forge the strongest into ruthless instruments of his will.

With each blow exchanged and every maneuver executed, Dreykov's satisfaction grew. He relished the sight of his operatives displaying their skills with deadly precision, their unwavering commitment to the cause serving as a chilling reminder of his power and influence.

But even as he watched the chaos unfold before him, a flicker of anticipation danced in Dreykov's eyes. For him, this was just the beginning—a mere prelude to the grand design he had meticulously crafted over the years.

As Wanda and Yelena continued to clash in a relentless struggle for dominance, Dreykov knew that only one would emerge victorious. And when the dust finally settled, he would be there, waiting to claim his prize and bend them to his will once more. For in the world of the Red Room, there was no room for weakness or sentimentality—only absolute control and unwavering obedience.
--------------------------------------------------------------

In the midst of their heated battle, Wanda and Yelena fought with an intensity that bordered on desperation. Wanda's powers surged forth, enveloping her in a dazzling display of energy as she pressed her advantage, determined to overcome her adversary.

With each passing moment, Wanda gained the upper hand, her mastery of her abilities proving to be a formidable force against Yelena's relentless onslaught. But just as victory seemed within her grasp, fate intervened in the cruelest of ways.

From the shadows behind Wanda, Yelena's mission partner emerged, moving with a silent grace that belied his deadly intent. In one swift motion, he closed the distance between them, his hand darting forward to deliver a swift injection to Wanda's side.

The impact was immediate. Wanda's movements faltered, her powers flickering for a brief moment before fading into nothingness. With a pained gasp, she stumbled backward, her strength draining from her limbs as she fought to stay upright.

Yelena's eyes widened in shock as she watched the scene unfold before her, a mixture of horror and resignation clouding her features. She had not anticipated this turn of events, and now, she was faced with a choice that would define the outcome of their mission.

As Wanda struggled to maintain her footing, Yelena hesitated for a fleeting moment, torn between her loyalty to her mission and her growing sense of remorse. But in the end, duty won out, and she turned away, leaving Wanda to face her fate alone.

With a final glance over her shoulder, Yelena disappeared into the night, her footsteps echoing in the silence as she vanished into the darkness. And as Wanda's vision blurred and her consciousness slipped away, she knew that she was now at the mercy of forces far beyond her control.

Meanwhile, Steve, who had been carrying Natasha to safety, felt a sudden sharp pain in his side as a needle plunged into his flesh from behind.

"Steve, watch out!" Natasha cried, her voice tinged with panic as she struggled to speak as she was barely conscious.

But it was too late. The injection had already taken effect, sending a wave of dizziness washing over Steve as he stumbled forward, his grip on Natasha weakening with each passing moment.

With a sinking feeling in his heart, Steve realized that they were both in grave danger. But as darkness closed in around him, he knew that he would do whatever it took to protect Natasha, even if it meant sacrificing himself in the process.
All 3 Avengers were down leaving them to face their unknown fates.