Chapter 9- Asgardian mead

The air was filled with the sound of laughter and music, and the scent of freshly prepared food wafted through the halls.

Among the arriving guests were familiar faces from the Avengers team, each dressed in their finest attire for the occasion. Tony the host of the evening, greeted each arrival with his trademark charm and wit, making sure everyone felt welcome.

However, there was one notable absence that hadn't gone unnoticed—Natasha. As the minutes ticked by, concern began to ripple through the crowd, whispers exchanged between the avengers as they wondered where she could be.

Steve ever vigilant, scanned the room for any sign of Natasha's arrival, his brow furrowed with worry. He had hoped to see her by his side, but as the moments stretched into minutes, his concern grew.

"Have you seen Natasha?" Steve asked, turning to Clint who stood nearby looking around.

Clint shook his head, his expression troubled. "Not since earlier. I thought she'd be here by now."

As they exchanged worried glances, a sense of unease settled over the group. Natasha's absence was felt keenly, her presence a vital part of their team.

But just as the concern reached its peak, the sound of footsteps echoed through the hallway, and Natasha appeared,her presence commanding the attention of everyone in the room.

As she made her way through the crowd, heads turned to watch her, she was a sight for sore eyes.

Natasha weaved through the crowd, her eyes scanning the room until she found Wanda standing near the staircase, her expression thoughtful as she sipped on a glass of champagne. With a determined stride, Natasha approached her fellow Avenger, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Wanda," Natasha greeted warmly, her voice cutting through the din of the party.

Wanda turned to face her, a smile lighting up her features at the sight of Natasha. "Natasha, it's good to see you. Are you enjoying the party?"the young woman's accent was thicker tonight, this usually happens when shes tired.

Natasha nodded, her gaze lingering on Wanda for a moment before she spoke. "I am. It's nice to have a chance to relax for once."Wanda passed Nat a glass of champagne and watched the woman curiously.

Their conversation flowed effortlessly, the two women sharing stories and laughter as they caught up on recent events. But even as Natasha immersed herself in the moment, she couldn't shake off the feeling of Steve's eyes on her, his gaze burning into her back like a silent sentinel.

Steve stood at the edge of the room, his gaze fixed on her with an intensity that bordered on obsession. He watched as she laughed and talked with Wanda, a pang of longing tugging at his heart.

Clint ever observant, noticed Steve's preoccupation and approached him with a knowing smirk. "You've got it bad, Cap."

Steve tore his gaze away from Natasha, his cheeks flushing slightly at Clint's teasing remark. "I don't know what you're talking about, Clint."

Clint chuckled, clapping Steve on the shoulder in a gesture of camaraderie. "Sure you don't, Cap. Just remember, if you ever need some advice on matters of the heart, I'm your guy."

As Steve watched Natasha from across the room, his heart filled with longing, he couldn't stop thinking about earlier.

As the party at the tower continued, Tony Stark, the master of ceremonies, stood at the head of the room, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he surveyed the assembled guests. With a flourish, he clapped his hands together, capturing the attention of the room.