Finale - 3

Um, hi. I didn't forget about this story.

Rather, to be entirely honest, right as I was pushing through to the end, a horrible fit of seasonal depression took me off my rocker and I couldn't find a reason to finish this story. As it goes on, it truly feels like fewer people care about it, so if it was a matter of my enjoyment, maybe I wouldn't finish it at all.

However, I really, really want to finish this. I have fun ideas for epilogue chapters, and while I was once super stoked for these finale chapters and the first really big war, I just can't force myself to do it anymore.

These chapters are gonna feel different, but I'm gonna do my best.

I hope you'll enjoy it either way. For the ones who enjoy this story, I'm sorry it was a few months of sudden, odd silence.

And yes, I absolutely will be playing the Elden Ring DLC, and there will probably be additional chapters whenever that comes out. That's also a reason why I want this story finished, so I can truly enjoy that.

-----

After being sucked into Eclipse's soul, (Y/n) expected the surroundings to be dangerous. He was prepared to fight for his life and conquer Eclipse within the confines of their very soul to regain his own divinity and snatch Eclipse's away at the same time.

So, when he was in Castle Sol, only near a kneeling Eclipse, (Y/n) was a bit surprised.

The shard of Miquella was silent. It was clear that this wasn't the Shadow Sovereign (Y/n) was expecting. Within their soul, Eclipse was purely themself, as much as they could be when they were a mere glimpse into Miquella.

Eclipse didn't have the pure white eyes like the outside, instead, they just looked... normal, as far as demigods were concerned. They were still extremely androgynous, but that was simply Miquella's androgynous nature peaking through. They observed their hands carefully, and by the time they realized what was happening, they rose and scowled at (Y/n).

"Don't you understand?! This is my soul; I hold the control here!" Eclipse's frantic voice was lacking divinity and control, but they still fought.

The shard swiped their hand, and a wave of weapons cloaked in Destined Death appeared in the sky above Castle Sol. The eclipse, high above, with the Moon covering the Sun, lingered behind Eclipse. But in the far, far distance, (Y/n) could see something shimmering.

Miquella's Shard brought their hand down, and the weapons rained.

(Y/n) raised a hand.

The weapons froze.

"I thought this place was your soul, but... maybe it's closer to both of ours," As (Y/n) spoke, the area began to shift. The inside of the Erdtree, where (Y/n)'s journey as the Shadow Sovereign began, appeared all around. It was dim, but its presence was absolutely real. "After all, I can't be here physically, not completely. I think I get it now. Eclipse, it's time to stop."

Eclipse's face morphed into the visage of a wrathful demon. They snapped their fingers, and more weapons appeared all around, racing towards (Y/n). "I haven't lost! You've come into my soul, you're on the backfoot!"

(Y/n) stepped forward, and all the approaching weapons crumbled to dust. Eclipse stepped back. The area around Castle Sol darkened, as the inside of the Erdtree stopped became opaque. The eclipse was still in the sky, but it was accompanied by countless stars and the many golden trunks of the Erdtree around.

(Y/n) gazed sadly. "You're different from the others. Amon, Zaki, and Euthenia all wanted to protect Malenia. They wanted to cure her, but you... you want to help Godwyn."