1. FAREWELL MOTHERS

(Scene of a brothel somewhere in Daegu)

The women gathered around a worn-out bed, expressing their condolences for a lifeless woman lying on it. Some people felt a sense of relief for the dead lady and some were showing pity to the three-year-old blue-eyed kid with blonde hair that she left alone to suffer in this cruel world.

Seomi, a friend of the deceased, sat on the floor near the bed, tears in her eyes.

She said It's good that you're finally free from this hell. Rest in peace, my dear.

The brothel owner entered the room and asked, Why are you ladies crying over an old hag whore? Her existence was useless. It's a good thing she died. Now I have one less mouth to feed, one less burden on my shoulders. Take her body away soon, or it will disturb our clients.

He then noticed the little boy, desperately trying to wake his mother.

The owner approached Tae and creepily slid his hand on the blonde's neck, making him flinch.

With a smirk, the owner said to the ladies, Maybe this old hag wasn't so useless after all. With a face like this, this boy can bring me double the amount you all are bringing now.

Confused and frightened, the blonde looked at the owner with teary eyes, unable to comprehend the situation. His mother's refusal to wake up only added to his fear.

As Seomi witnessed the whole scene and understood the owner's intentions, a tear rolled down her cheek. It was the result of her boiling blood and helplessness against the owner. She loved her friend dearly and made up her mind to rescue the blonde from this hell, no matter what it took. She saw Tae as her own son, and the boy cherished her just as much.

(Four hours later)

Seomi decided to feed the hungry boy, as he hadn't eaten anything since morning. But all the boy wanted was his mother. Seeing Tae's exhausted, red eyes from crying and his desperate search for his mother, Seomi shed a tear. However, she comforted the boy by telling him that his mother had gone to heaven to buy his favourite doll. She convinced him to have his meal, as he needed proper nutrition to grow.

After feeding the boy, Seomi gently patted his back until he fell asleep. She then planned to rest herself, but a voice from outside the room interrupted her. It urged her to hurry up, as a client was waiting for her.

She reluctantly stood up and made the decision to go to the client. She has been here for seven years, which has led the girl to accept her circumstances. Originally, she came from a respectable family in Japan and had dreams of becoming a doctor. However, fate had other plans for her as she was abducted and sold into human trafficking. Despite her attempts to escape, every effort proved unsuccessful.

Her desperate acts of running away and encouraging other girls to do the same resulted in the horrifying consequence of being gang-raped every day for a continuous three months. This deeply penetrated her soul with trauma and instilled a profound fear of the owner within her.

She appraoched the client in a room with a cozy double bed, adorned with seductive red LED lights.

Lee (client) uttered Oh so you came !! Approaching the girl, he asked why are you still fully dressed?? and then demanded her to undress

Forcing the girl to remove her clothes, the client assaulted her, mistaking her for his unfaithful wife. This client was not a good person, as he frequented brothels, but he was a little worse than others.

Initially, he had been a kind person, running a charitable organization and having a loving wife whom he adored with his whole heart. However, witnessing his wife in the arms of another man shattered him, leaving his heart in a constant state of discomfort and frustration. This incident changed him, leading him to seek solace in brothels to ease his inner conflicts.

Seomi understood his situation well, knowing that he had once been kind and that life had shaped him into who he had become. Despite everything, the kindness he had towards children had not completely faded.

As time passed, Seomi mustered the courage to ask the man for a favour. With Tae's well-being weighing heavily on her mind, she knew that keeping him by her side would only lead to worse scenarios for the boy. So, with a heavy heart, she made the difficult decision to send the boy away with Lee.

Upon hearing her situation, he also agreed to take the boy away from that brothel. However, he warned Seomi not to expect a problem-free life for the boy.

As life can be cruel, and simply surviving is a struggle in itself.

Lee told her about a close friend who is a widow. Her husband passed away in a car accident, and tragically, she also lost her unborn child in that accident. She now leads a lonely life. He believes that giving Tae to her could bring positive changes to both their lives. However, she lives far away on an island.

Trusting Lee's words, she decided to send Tae with him. The next day, she packed Tae's belongings and explained to him that he would be getting a new mother. Although he was scared of going to an unfamiliar place, she reassured him that his new mother would send him to school, where he could make new friends and have fun which convinced the little boy.

Late at night, she secretly took Tae and handed him over to Lee at the agreed-upon location, without alerting the owner of the situation. Tae started to cry, realizing that Seomi is not coming with him. After saying her goodbyes and kissing his forehead, she quickly ran away, knowing that seeing his tears would be too difficult for her.

She placed her trust in Lee and left the boy in his care, returning to the brothel after shedding tears with her whole heart out

To be continued......