Jeff

I tried styling my hair but failed. What the heck! I have been having trouble with it since earlier. Ugh!!! And I was already so late. I tried again and failed, and I just sat down, exasperated.

Just then, my phone rang. It was Mile asking where I was. I told him what happened, and he laughed. He just told me to pull on a cap as we were just chilling at his house, and nobody really cares about messy hair! Well, he did have a point, but ugh, I didn't want to just pull on a cap again.

I sighed as I pulled on a cap again and left the house. I reached Mile's place about 30 minutes later, and the party was already in full swing. His sister was getting engaged, and he had invited the entire KP cast for it. I passed on my heartiest congratulations to his family, placed the monetary gift in the basket, and then went to look for the boys. I found all of them milling around and chatting in the garden.

"Hey guys!" I called out to them. Barcode turned and saw me and ran up to me excitedly!

"What took you so long?!" He whined softly. I muttered about my hair, and he chuckled lowly. Tong fetched me a beer, and we all sat around chatting until I realized that Ta was missing.

"Ta didn't come?"

"Nope. He has a shoot that he can't get out of. He had already passed the gift to Mile earlier. Poor boy ends really late today."

I nodded my head in response, bummed slightly that he wasn't here. I had kinda gotten used to sending him home and was hoping to offer it again. Plus, I had wanted to show him the song that I had been working on. We were there till about midnight and then finally left. I was about to offer Barcode a ride when I realized Tong offered to drive him home again. I just looked at Tong and raised my eyebrows quizzically. Instead of answering me, Tong blushed badly instead. What the heck?

I just smiled to myself as I headed to my car, privy that there may be something brewing between Tong and Barcode or else why would he keep offering rides when he stays a good 40 minutes away from Barcode?!

I got into my car and was about to start it when I got a call from Ta.

"Phi, I need your help, please."

"Ta? What happened? Where are you?"

"I'm at my condo, but.. can you come here? Jason and Nun are fighting, and it's escalating. I can't find the security and I have called the police but I don't know what else to do!"

"What?" I was so soooooooo confused. I told him I would be right back and practically flew all the way there. I was there in about 10 minutes and I ran up to the 7th floor. When I reached the floor, I saw the police separating Jason and this red-haired dude apart. I looked around for Ta and found him at one corner, but he seemed to be cradling his arm. Was he hurt? I practically saw red as I went to Ta.

"Are you ok?!" I called out. Ta turned around, and so did everyone else. He nodded whilst walking towards me. I caught up with him midway whilst the police arrested Jason and the other dude.

"What's going on?" I queried, confused. The police asked me on whom I was, and I identified myself as Jason's and Ta's friend. He said Jason and the other guy were being arrested for fighting and causing hurt to Ta and that they should get counsel or they be remanded without bail. I looked at Ta closely and realized he was still cradling his arm.

I was so upset, but I held it in as I decided to bring Ta to the hospital first, where I found out he had suffered a minor fracture. His arm was put in a sling. As I heard Ta tell the doctor what had happened, my blood boiled. Jason had apparently pushed Ta hard against the wall and hit him in the arm when he had tried to stop him from hitting the other dude who apparently was his fiance.

Fiance?!? Then, why the heck was he trying to know Ta? The number of questions that ran through my head was boggling, and I was super pissed. Once we were done, I brought Ta back to my apartment, not wanting to leave him alone in his on his own. He resisted, but he didn't have a chance against me silently glaring at him.

I sighed as I watched him sit on my couch slowly and lay his head back, closing his eyes for a bit.

"I got you some clothes. Why don't you get a shower, change into them, and come? I fix you something to eat."

Ta opened his eyes to look at me. He sat up slowly.

"Don't you want to know what happened?"

"I want to make sure you are ok first. We can talk about other things later. And inform your manager too."

Ta sighed as he realized he needed to tell his manager, who would definitely nag at him. He took the towel from me and went into the guest bedroom. 40 minutes later, he finally came out. I had fixed him some fried rice, and he had it quietly. Once done, Ta just sat down on the couch aimlessly watching TV whilst I cleaned up.

Once done, I went to see him at the couch but realized he had fallen asleep. I just shook my head, sighing softly at this poor boy. I covered him with a blanket and just sat in the neighboring seat, eventually falling asleep there, accompanying him.