Chapter 2: You're only 25 Once

Maddie

I would have never guessed that at 25 I would be so successful. I worked my ass off for everything I have and own. Being this successful isn't any fun if all you do is work. So, for my 25th birthday I threw a huge party. I decided I would rent the Reeb House and invited everyone I knew. The party was insane. There was actually a line up at the door because they were at capacity. I had no idea that many people even still liked me or remembered me. But I guess when you go MIA for basically 7 years people want to see if you became successful or a loser. I hired my Uncle to play live, prepaid for a huge spread of food and a round of drinks once an hour which was a signature drink of who knew what. All I knew was I was ready to blow about five grand on the night. Also, I got to see so many old friends and meet so many new people who came with old friends. I obviously don't remember the entire night or everyone I met, but I took a crap load of photos to help me remember who came. The ones I do remember and the moments I remember are as such. My family of course, my aunts and uncles, some cousins came early to celebrate with me, stayed for the first round of food and left as my friends started to arrive. My parent's good friends also came. A crowd of them stayed all night with my parents, but they stayed in their group and joined us on the dance floor here and there. Of course, my best friends came with their men, I stayed with them mostly. It was pretty cool; people would come to our booth to say happy birthday, shoot the shit and carry on. I would wander around to sit at random tables and have a drink catch up. It amazed me how some groups of friends were still friends, like the girls I hung around with in high school. They all came together, we did shots, danced up a storm. I saw 2 guys from high school who I loved. I never really hung out with them outside of school but we seemed to have class together a lot and we would always talk, that was when I wasn't flirting with someone else. Eric was my favourite. We would see each other in the halls and he would always hug me all the way up to the last day of grade 12. Then there was my C.M.T crew that showed up. These people were my world for 8 years at C.M.T then we found each other again throughout high school years adding new friends along the way, like my high school sweetheart Jon. This was a loud reunion and they stayed all night. It felt like no time had passed when I saw them all again. I don't remember much as the night went on but the photos from that night show some of them on stage with my uncle singing. I wasn't surprised it is definitely something they would do. There were a few people I invited that didn't show up that I really wished they would have, I tried not to focus on it too much. Then there was the most random person of all who showed up, Matt Davis, the town socialite. I didn't even know he knew who I was. He's always at the special events I film and he's oh so dreamy. I'm sure he knows it too. He's tall, dark haired, wears it gelled but messy, these sea blue eyes, one look and you're hooked, I melt like butter every time. Chiselled jaw, scruffy beard that gives him this dangerous look. And although I've never actually seen his body you just know it's got to be ripped. All the women in town swoon over him. I definitely enjoyed looking at him but knew I was not good enough for him. But after staying for a couple hours, he wished me happy birthday then asked for my number. I don't know why though.

We shut the place down though, I don't even remember leaving or how I got home, but waking up the next morning I realised I was happy I was alone because I did not leave my bed all day.