Chapter 8

(Author's pov)

Day of the Engagement

Alisha's family waited in the lobby as she finished getting ready for the engagement. Suddenly, they heard multiple footsteps behind them. They turned to see several people approaching.

Asfandyar walked up to Ali and hugged him warmly.

Asfandyar: "Ali, this is Tayaba, my wife. Tayaba, meet my best friend, Ali."

Asfandyar was almost finished with introductions when they heard the faint sound of anklets. Everyone turned to see Alisha walking gracefully towards them.

Asfandyar: "And last but not least, this is my daughter, Alisha."

Salaar's jaw dropped when he saw Alisha in a white lehenga. Umar nudged Salaar in the stomach to snap him out of his trance.

All the youngsters in the Khan family couldn't help but smirk as Salaar composed himself. However, when Salaar noticed the open midriff in Alisha's outfit, his jaw clenched, and the others quickly averted their gaze.

After the elders introduced themselves to Alisha, Asfandyar began introducing the youngsters.

Alisha: "Hi, guys."

Youngsters: "Hi."

Seeing this, Shameer and Shaveer came beside Alisha and protectively held her waist.

Shameer: "She's off-limits, so don't even think about trying anything."

Shaveer: "Exactly. If we catch any of you even looking at her the wrong way, it won't end well for you."

Shaveer shot a stern glance at Salaar, who felt even more jealous seeing how Shameer and Shaveer were protective of Alisha and warned him to keep his distance from her.

Ahmed and Umar held Salaar back, knowing he was on the verge of losing his cool and confronting the other boys.

Alisha: "Don't mind them. They're just overprotective because I'm their only sister." She smiled sweetly.

Upon hearing the word "sister," Salaar calmed down slightly, but his jaw remained tense, especially knowing that Alisha's midriff was exposed to everyone at the event.

Alisha: "Anyway, I need to go check on Sonia. You guys carry on."

After Alisha left, Salaar saw it as the perfect moment to talk to her. He whispered in Umar's ear to call him, providing the perfect excuse to leave.

Riiing riiing riiing

Salaar took out his phone and said, "Guys, I have to take this call. I'll meet you at the venue."

The venue was within the hotel itself, which Salaar had rented entirely for Alisha's safety.

As Alisha approached the bride's room, someone suddenly pulled her into a different room.

guys I don't own any of these pics

guys sorry I couldn't update this story because of some family problems but now I will try to update as much as I can