Hoka

Seven years later...

"Hoka... Hoka... Hoka!" the old man called out to a young man. The boy bore quite the resemblance to Yasuno. 

The boy took off his headphones as he sighed. "What is it, grandpa?"

"Don't "what is it, grandpa" me! Get up quickly! Training!" the old man said impatiently as he grabbed Hoka's tablet and placed it into a table, much to the latter's annoyance.

"Fine, fine! Geez!" Hoka said standing up.

He followed the old man to the dojo section of the mansion, they went into the middle of the room as his grandfather did a fighting stance.

"Now, after all the training I, your grandfather, Kyohei must know if you have truly matured! En garde!" the old man demanded as he unsheathed his sword. "This time, we fight with REAL blades!"

Hoka was stunned by this. They mostly just used wooden swords to fight. Sparring with wooden swords was quite painful, yes. But sparring with REAL SWORDS IS MUCH MUCH MORE painful in a higher level.

"Uh um, do we really need to-"

"URUSAI!!" Kyohei yelled at his face. 

Ever since the old man had taken Hoka in, he was always like this. When he always complains about something, the old man says "URUSAI!!", and whenever he tries to point out something, even though it seems to be right, the old man also yells right at his face, "URUSAI!!"

"yeah, yeah-" 

"URUSAI!!" Kyohei yelled slashed Hoka's shoulder, which left a small gash that made the young man cringe in pain a bit. "DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID?! FIGHT! MOUTHS ARE NO USE IN A FIGHT WHEN YOU ARE WEAK!! YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER, DIED BECAUSE HE WAS WEAK!!"

The old man slashed at Hoka again, this time the young man was quick enough to parry and backflip away.

"I CAN'T SPEAK A SINGLE WORD?!-"

"YES!"

"I CAN'T MAKE NOISES TOO?!" Hoka yelled while attempting to slash his grandfather with a flurry of slashes.

The old man was blocking.

"YES!"

"NOT EVEN A DAMN GRUNT!?!"

"YES, YES, YES URUSAI!" 

Kyohei dashed at him and attempted to slice his head, Hoka did a backflip on time before throwing the sword at him. Kyohei surprising grabbed the sword by the blade in between his own teeth.

Hoka gasped in surprise as Kyohei grabbed it and rubbed his own sword's blade against his grandson's.

"Iron sharpens iron, Hoka. But you are merely wasting the sharpening the very iron of my own blade is giving you!" Kyohei said. "And I said no making noises! Now fight me and see if you can get your sword back with your fists!"

He charged at his grandson. Hoka didn't move. He seemed to have planned something.

The old man continued to run. He yelled at the boy.

"HOKA, DON'T JUST STAND THERE, IF YOU JUST STAND, YOU DIE!" 

But Hoka didn't move a bit. He just stayed still. Looking at Kyohei dead in the eye as the old man drew closer.

He raised his arms in the air.

"I yield."

The old man was shock. "Do you seriously think-"

"Before he could finish, Hoka had punched him hard at the stomach. Kyohei staggered backwards and panted... But he smirked and clapped his hands.

"Good, very good. Show no restrait. I have taught you well. It seems as if you really do take my teachings into heart..." the old man said, nodding in acknowledgement. 

"BUT CAN YOU TAKE THIS INTO YOUR HEART?!" he yelled as he attempted to kick him, but Hoka dodged away. 

Accepting his defeat, Kyohei handed Hoka back his sword. "Good, good. You have managed to win the fight without the need to get your sword back. I applaud you for that."

Hoka took his sword back from the old man's are, eyeing him cautiously since Kyohei is always the type to add surprises.

"Thank you, sir."

The old man sheathed his katana and gestured for Hoka to follow. "Come on, come on. We have a new enemy we must combat."

"That is?" Hoka asks cautiously, in case the old man would do something unexpected again.

"Hunger." the old man chuckled. Hoka just grinned slightly as he followed him out of the dojo.