Chapter 8: The Wrong Deductions to the Right Conclusions

Magsimula sa umpisa

"And who could that be?" she asked with a huff.

Seb burst through the doors with a frantic expression with Kay right behind him. Seb was out of breath while Kay seemed determined about something.

"W-we figured it out!" Seb exclaimed as Kay helped him stand up and held out a tablet to us, "I am sorry that took us awhile, but we were able to find the person behind it. I know you may not like it, but it was someone we expected as soon as the trouble stated"

They turned over the tablet to us as I sighed in a defeated tone before staring at our suspect. It was Daryran Cross who was speaking with those guards. I never hired them, so it does make sense that it was him.

"What do you want us to do?" Seb asked nervously.

That is the next step. I knew I was in the biggest danger compared to my friends. I don't want anything to happen to them either. Well, I suppose I know what I need to do.

"We need to pretend we don't know his plans at all" I informed them seriously, "He's still targeting me of all people. That means, he has no reason to go after anyone else. Now, with that, we should make sure the concert performs normally"

"I disagree!" Franny shouted with all her might before grabbing my wrist to snap, "What kind of a fool do you wish to be, Klavier Gavin?! One who marches off to his death so aimlessly when he is aware of the odds against him?! I forbid you to do something so stupidly, foolish!"

Ah, she truly cares. It is rather sweet. I gently held her hand as she squeezed mine in frustration and worry.

"I will not be alone, Franny" I reassured her calmly, "Because I will have all of you there to watch over me. There is nothing to ever worry about when we are together through it all. So, I know I will be safe!"

Despite that, she didn't want to let him go alone on this.

"And d-don't worry!" Seb stuttered bravely, "I know I won't be worth much, but I will do everything I can to help!"

Kay leaned against him with a smirk of her own to answer, "Oh, and I will help too! You can't keep the world's greatest detective and thief away!"

Franny rolled her eyes at them only for Professor Layton to dust himself off and stand up.

"And I shall do everything I can to help" the professor answered warmly, "After all, it is the duty of every gentleman to help the students of their dear friends"

He took a bow before leaving us. I wonder what he will do. Franny turned to the professor and nodded her head in agreement as she departed with him until she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back with a grin until she let me go.

"I better see you again, fool" Franny spoke seriously with a dust on her cheeks, "If not, I will never forgive you, Klavier"

"I will be back" I answered in relief as he grinned and winked at Seb and Kay who grinned at the sight.

Franny then pushed herself away from me and marched right out of the doors with a determined expression. Well, that went well! I can see that Kay is not going to leave us, but that might be a good thing. We could use her help!

"Come now!" I said as I placed my hands on their shoulders, "We've got one more gig to play, and I want it be the best one yet!"

Kay agreed with Seb only worried by that idea of mine. He got out of my arm before approaching the door.

"I-I thought you might say that, so I called in some help" Seb spoke as he gestured to the doors where a loud thud was heard, "And by call I mean they came on their own and I could not stop them if I tried. Emphasis on try"