Chapter 3: Harvest

As the name Li Whisper echoed through the air, it seemed as though time momentarily froze. Countless eyes locked onto him, and the crowd spontaneously parted to create a clearing for him."Li Whisper? Could it be that idiot Li Whisper?" The younger generation wasn't vast, so most knew each other well."Li Dreamer's foolish brother?""Aha, it's indeed him!" Someone confirmed Li Whisper's identity after scrutinizing him."What's going on? Is there a mistake? Can an idiot even participate in Revelation Day? I remember he never attended the academy nor used medicinal baths to enhance his physique. How could he possibly possess cultivation talent?""Hey, who signed him up? The testing with the Revelation Tablet is an incredibly precious opportunity. How can spiritual energy be wasted on someone like him?"The murmurs rose and fell, filled with skepticism and disdain directed at Li Whisper.In the crowd, Dreamer found herself isolated and helpless. She hung her head low, trying to hide her face behind her long hair, concealing her expression in the shadows.It was she who had secretly enrolled Whisper!Even Elder Mirage frowned with displeasure, feeling outraged that a fool like Whisper would touch the Revelation Tablet, deeming it a desecration."Cough cough, quiet down! Refrain from baseless speculation!" The elder cleared his throat twice, speaking to restore order.Regardless, Whisper was still a member of the tribe, deserving a chance."Fascinating, this reminds me of days long past." Whisper stepped onto the platform, facing the Revelation Tablet, which stirred memories long dormant within him.In his previous life, he had risen from an ordinary person, soaring to the pinnacle of divinity, becoming an object of worship for all beings!"So what if it happens again?" Without hesitation, he reached out and touched the stone tablet.The spiritual energy rushed into his body, bringing waves of searing pain and immense pressure.This body, untempered by daily medicinal baths, had fragile tendons and bones that were ill-prepared for the purifying force of the spiritual energy.However, he quickly regained a long-lost sensation, actively guiding the spiritual energy to circulate within his system.One second, two seconds, three seconds...The timer ticked away as Whisper maintained an indifferent expression, seemingly in control of everything.Ten seconds!"Good heavens, he's lasted ten seconds!" The onlookers exclaimed, shocked because enduring ten seconds was enough to demonstrate D-Rank talent."This... how could this be possible? He's clearly an idiot!" Many found it hard to accept being outperformed by someone they deemed foolish.Time continued to pass, and Whisper remained calm, increasingly astonishing more people."It's already been 15 seconds. Could his aptitude possibly be C-Rank?""Something's not right here. Is there a problem with the Revelation Tablet? Look at his expression—it's too composed. I suspect the tablet isn't even functioning properly..."At this point, many elders couldn't help but cast their watchful gazes upon him, anticipating whether this youth might break through to B-Rank. If so, the tribe would undoubtedly gain another shining star this year."16, 17, 18...!" People counted along, knowing that if he surpassed 20 seconds, Whisper would be recognized as having B-Rank talent.But then, just as the count reached 18 seconds, Whisper suddenly withdrew his hand, causing the timer to come to an abrupt halt."C-Rank talent, huh?""Lacking the reinforcement from medicinal baths, this body's potential is limited to this extent!" He mused silently to himself.Whisper's test result caused an uproar throughout the crowd, with many struggling to accept the truth.The once-mocked fool who couldn't even tend cows well had now transformed into a towering cultivator!"How could such a thing happen...?""How could he possess C-Rank talent?!"Many felt utterly distressed.In the crowd, Dreamer lifted her astonished face and whispered in disbelief, "My brother has become a cultivator... how could this have happened..."It felt surreal to her. The very brother she had been ordering around yesterday had suddenly made a stunning breakthrough."Next up, Li Dreamer!"With their names called back-to-back, after Whisper's test concluded, it was now Dreamer's turn.As her name was announced, every pair of eyes in the area focused on her instantly."So, it's finally Li Dreamer's turn!" Many were eagerly anticipating her performance, given her outstanding record at the academy.While academic achievements do not necessarily equate to cultivation potential, there seemed to be a subtle connection—those with exceptional intellect often displayed extraordinary talent on the path of cultivation as well."I must succeed," Dreamer silently encouraged herself.Many were hoping to witness her downfall, deriving malicious pleasure from seeing a genius stumble.Failure would mean a life of mediocrity for her, spent laboring over mundane tasks.Ordinary girls in their mid-teens often married early and then began their lives tending cows, feeding pigs, gathering grass, and chopping firewood—a life she absolutely refused to accept!Buzz...A stream of spiritual energy subtly entered Dreamer's body, causing her pores to slightly dilate. A faint glow seeped through her skin, translucent like jade.28 seconds!!!When she came out of her trance, she was so weakened that she collapsed onto the ground, drenched in sweat."Gasp?"Her result plunged the entire scene into stunned silence."My goodness, 28 seconds?! Am I seeing this right? She lasted for a full 28 seconds!""If 20 seconds can define B-Rank talent, then she must be...""Yes, she possesses an A-Rank talent!""Wonderful! It seems the gods have truly blessed our tribe! We've finally produced a young female genius with A-Rank talent!" Elder Mirage was elated, unable to contain his excitement as he loudly declared."Fantastic!" The tribal chief was beside himself with joy, leaping to his feet; his previously furrowed brows now smoothed away."This is just amazing! This year's Revelation Day has indeed been bountiful!"Dreamer's performance shone like a dazzling pearl, illuminating the entire tribe and offering hope and strength for the future."Miss Li Dreamer truly is a genius, leaving us all astounded. Yet, I can feel the distance between her and me growing ever wider..." A young man in the square flushed with both happiness for Dreamer's success and a tinge of sorrow at his own situation.His long-held feelings of adoration for Dreamer were destined to remain hidden in the depths of his heart, perhaps forever.From this day forward, Dreamer would undeniably become a dazzling star within the tribe, inaccessible to mere mortals like himself.As the afternoon sun cast its warm glow, Revelation Day neared its end."This year, 322 individuals participated in Revelation Day, among which 78 have successfully awakened, including 1 individual with A-Rank talent, 2 with B-Rank talent, 21 with C-Rank talent, and 54 with D-Rank talent," Elder Mirage announced to the assembly."With Dreamer by our side, we can finally catch a breath. It is imperative that we ensure this precious sapling grows healthily!" The tribal chief solemnly admonished everyone present.Following their trial by the Revelation Tablet, the 78 cultivators officially embarked upon their path of cultivation, while the youths who had not passed the test would return to the tribe and dedicate themselves to the arduous tasks of labor-intensive production.