𝟎𝟏𝟓

Red Light District

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        When Y/N awoke, she found that she was in the Butterfly Mansion. She wasn't horribly injured, it was just that Akaza had hit her really hard, which probably wouldn't take much effort since he was an Uppermoon. But even so, she couldn't help but feel a bit embarrassed. The only way she would feel better was if she found that Kyojuro was okay, that she succeeded in stalling for the sun.

Speak of the devil, Kyojuro walked into the room. One of his eyes was bandaged along with the side of his torso and other, more minor wounds on his body, but overall, he looked just fine. His grin widened when he saw her awake.

"Y/N! I'm glad you're awake!" he said, a severe understatement of how he actually felt.

"Yeah... I'm glad you're alright," she replied, her lips curving into a tiny smile.

Kyojuro's smile faltered, but only slightly. He sat on her bed next to her and looked her in her eyes. Those beautiful E/C eyes. The ones that shuddered and widened and pricked with tears in his dream. He wondered if he could do the same in real life, if she was just as sensitive here as she was there...

"Why did you run between us like that?" he suddenly asked, "I thought I told you not to-"

"Kyojuro, I'm a Demon Slayer, just like you," Y/N cut him off, "It's my job to protect others, even if they're a higher rank. I know you may not like it, but you'll have to accept that fact."

He looked at her blankly for a few moments before chuckling softly.

"I never knew that you'd be so stubborn and strong-willed. Those are amazing qualities!" He stood, his arms crossed and his smile wide, "Say, why don't you come to my estate? I'd like you to meet someone!"

"Oh, I really shouldn't-"

Before she could decline any further, Kyojuro took her hand and dragged her out of the room.

"Kyojuro-san? What are you doing?" the familiar voice of the Insect Hashira asked.

She was standing nearby, seemingly about to go into Y/N's room to check up on her. She was petite and slender, though it was a horrible mistake to underestimate her. She had short, wavy hair that was black and faded to dark purple near the end. It was styled into a flat yakai-maki bun at the back of her head and was fastened with a white, turquoise, and light purple butterfly clip like Kanao's. Her eyes were a haze of gradient purple, making them look like those of insects. She wore the standard Demon Slayer uniform that was tinted purple. Over it was something that once belonged to the later Flower Hashira: a white haori with a butterfly wing pattern. Her Kyahan were also patterned like this and were fastened with white ribbons.

She forced herself not to narrow her eyes at Kyojuro. Instead, she kept her trademark smile, just like Kyojuro, though hers was smaller.

"I'm taking Y/N here to meet my younger brother! Is that a problem?" he asked, his voice almost making it seem like he was challenging her.

The corners of her lips quivered ever so slightly.

"No, I suppose not..."

He hummed and nodded, turning to walk out of the building.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "Nii-chan!" a meek voice called out.

As Kyojuro and Y/N neared his estate, someone came into view. He looked like a younger version of Kyojuro, probably in his early teens. Kyojuro's smile broadened, and he went over to pat the young boy's similar flame-like hair.