Chapter 17 - The Illegal Digimon, Keramon!

Everyone was now in DATS, Marcus and Agumon being last as usual.

"Here too!?" Marcus asked in shock, thinking that DATS'll be that one place where their systems wouldn't be beat. "Hey, Commander? What is going on here?"

"A web takeover." Sampson answered.

"Neon's video has been uploaded into every possible distrubution stream." Thomas was trying to get out of it on his computer.

"What about our systems?"

"I-I don't know. I can't tell if they've been damaged." Megumi answered as the majority of them tried to get out of it. (Y/N) didn't know the computers that well to try and get past the systems. Knowing her, she would completely damage it. "The video is blocking out my access."

"Contact Yoshino immediately." Sampson ordered, knowing they'll have to act sooner rather than later.

"I've been trying to contact her, Sir." Miki replied. "But I'm not getting an answer."

"Try harder."

Marcus grunted and then ran off with Agumon following.

"Marcus!" Kudamon yelled to stop him, but it was too late.

(Y/N) tried to run after him but whined and held onto the door frame, her leg being in pain.

Sampson stood up and helped her sit down at the desk gently. Kudamon walked onto the desk, avoiding the computer, wrapping his tail around her hand.

"Thank you both." Thomas gave her a sad look, knowing how bad she must feel to be weak and not able to be as lively as she usually is.

"(Y/N), after the systems are back up and running, I want you to go get your leg checked out before we move any further in this investigation? Understand?"

"Yes, Sir." The girl nodded and petted Kudamon gently as he hummed and closed his eyes. "He's mine now, Sampson." The Commander only chuckled at this, seeing his partner being soft.

---

While (Y/N) was having her leg examined by paramedics, Thomas has seen how much Neon's songs have improved because of Keramon. It went up over 400%.

"Keramon's making it seem like Neon's selling more songs than he is." Samspon spoke.

"Exactly." Thomas walked to the desk. "Very genius."

"He's tricking the public."

"The more popular people think he is, the more albums they buy." Kudamom added.

"Clearly, Neon is making a fortune through fraud."

"So, when do we grab this guy!?" Marcus ran next to Thomas, now looking at the Commander as Yoshi tried to defend her childhood friend.

"Commander, please! He's innocent until proven guilty, remember?" She didn't want to believe that Neon was being a criminal, but even deep down she knew this wasn't adding up at all.

"What's Neon's schedule? Quick."

"At noon, he's making a talk-show appearance." Megumi read.

"Which means he'll be back home by 3pm."

"But at midnight, he's supposed to be a guest on a radio show."

"Tonight, we'll stage a covert search of Neon's apartment. Thomas will be in charge." Sampson told them all as Yoshi whined to herself. She really liked Neon, and loved him as well.

"One request, Sir. Keep Yoshi out of this opperation."

"Thomas!"

"She's become too emotionally involved in this case." Thomas knows what it is like to get too emotionally involved in something so he is saying this for her own benefit.