Chapter 7 - Failed Teamwork

Later that night, when DATS were allowed to go home for the night, obviously Sampson, Miki and Megumi had their own systems incase of Digimon Signatures, everyone went to have a rest.

---

Thomas was over (Y/N)'s for the night. He was there to help her study for her test tomorrow at 10:00am, it was currently 7:00pm.

"Thank you for coming over, Thomas." (Y/N) smiled. "Don't forget to bring Gaomon out, Simon will be happy to see you two again." She opened the door to see Simon playing with his toy cars. "Simon! I'm home!"

"(Y/N)!" Simon hugged her happily and saw Thomas and Gaomon. "Thomas! Gaomon!" He jumped excitedly as Thomas smiled a little and Gaomon went to give Simon a hand shake, but was tackled in a hug instead. "Fluffy doggy!"

(Y/N) managed to close the front door and take her shoes off as Thomas did the same. It wasn't a house rule, but it was just better than chucking them somewhere else.

Guilmon, Gaomon and Simon went upstairs to his room to play with whatever. Gaomon wasn't the playing type, but he knew it would make Thomas happy to spend time with (Y/N)'s family.

"Are you hungry?" (Y/N) asked as Thomas only nodded a little. "You don't have to be so shy around my Mom, Thomas."

"I know... It's just..." Thomas looked away for a moment. "I'll tell you another time."

"Ok. Mom! We have a guest!"

"Who? Bring them in." Her Mom called from the kitchen as the two walked into the dining area. "Oh! Thomas. This is a pleasant surprise. How was your trip?"

"Uh- It went good, thank you, Mrs. (L/N)." Thomas bowed his head as she chuckled, making him nervous.

"I told you, just call me Katie. It doesn't bother me with the formalities."

"O-Okay."

"Anyways, you two must be starved. Where are your Digimon?" (Y/N) used her finger to point to the ceiling. "Simon." She chuckled. "I have made bowls of raman and sushi tonight. Please help yourselves. Simon! Bring yourself and your friends downstairs for food!"

"Coming, Mummy!" Simon yelled as they heard thudding coming from the stairs and a yell from Guilmon. He fell fown the stairs and he sat up with a laugh. "You're silly, Guilmon!"

They all sat at the table together and started to eat politely.

"Thomas has come here tonight to help me study for my test tomorrow. His friend will pick him up tomorrow before I have to leave for school, if that's okay with you, Mom?" (Y/N) explained as she nodded.

"That's fine by me." Katie smiled and looked at Gaomon to see that he was kind of struggling with his large boxing glove hands. "You can take them off, you know, Gaomon?"

"Oh, uh..." Gaomom looked at his hands. "I don't normally enjoy taking them off unless I am alone, ma'am."

"Oh, okay." She then started to think. "Just hold the bowl to your mouth and eat that way... or just eat like Guilmon eats." Gaomon looked at Guilmon to see his face in the bowl, but not being messy. Gaomon gulped and put the bowl to his mouth and started to eat that way.

"Thank you, ma'am."

---

Later that night, about 9:00pm, Thomas was helping (Y/N) write an essay as she seemed to struggle with certain sentences. However, he helped her get through it, making her happy and more focused, but that didn't last long. They were very close together at the desk as she felt herself heat up at how close Thomas was.