Chapter 8 - Drimogemon's Escape

It was the next night, and DATS were just chilling in the Headquaters, waiting for the alarm to go off. Thomas was on his desk while Marcus was watching (Y/N), staying close to her because he didn't want to talk to Nerdstein.

"So, is that all complicated?" Marcus asked and looked at all the buttons and what she was pressing on.

"It was in the beginning, but it is very easy now."

---

Meanwhile, two men were robbing a bank, but by the end of it, they dropped something electrical and it opened up a Digi-Gate to reveal a Drimogemon who can talk properly and offered to help them escape. He obviously didn't know what the purpose of escaping was, but he was now their friend for helping them escape and get some more money elsewhere, but they needed to get there first.

---

The alarm then started to buzz loudly.

"Sir, we've received a report of a bank break-in." Miki started.

"Energy signatures indicated a Digimon was involved." Megumi added.

"Huh." Kudamon hummed.

"More good news as always." Yoshino spoke sarcastically.

"It's just as I thought. Digimon are appearing more frequently. We could be facing an acedemic." Sampson said, mainly to himself.

"A device was found at the scene that produces a signal, which attracts Digimon." That was when Thomas stood up.

"Hacking into the bank's security system must've accidentally opened a gate to the Digital World, and that Digimon simply came through it."

"Not exactly what the thieves were expecting."

"If those criminals somehow convince the Digimon to co-operate with them..."

"We've got trouble." Kudamon finished the sentence for the Commander.

---

Drimogemon was in the back of the van with the smaller theif with curly hair. He was nervous of the Digimon, but obviously he didn't what Drimogemon was.

"Uh, hey, boss? Can I ride in the front with you?"

"Keep our friend company." The boss of the two thieves spoke.

"So he's really going to stick around?"

"You bet!" Drimogemon smiled happily, his paw on the male's shoulder.

"I've got big plans for him." The man driving chuckled.

---

"We've matched the energy signature to a Digimon from our data base. Drimogemon, Champion Level. Beast Digimon." Megumi spoke as she read some information of the wild Digimon.

"It lives deep underground like the mole it resembles. Using its drill nose, it can dig through the ground at extremely high speeds." Miki added on, reading some more information.

"Which means it can strike without warning." Thomas looked at the clip of a Drimogemon digging underground.

"I'm glad me and Agumon are here. Since it's late, I could say to my Mom "I'm going out", so me and Agumon had to sneak out. Is this Digimon worth a good fight!?" Marcus was pumped, but Thomas was too pleased over this.

"If you're so worried about your mommy then you should've stayed home." Thomas looked away, eyes closed.

"What did you say!?"

"Look, Marcus. You're a member of the Digimon Data Squad now, and with the job comes a big responsibility - maintaining the peace between this world and the Digital World. This isn't just some game we're playing for fun here, you know!?"