Lukas

There were two kinds of students: The confident kind and the shy, quiet kind. To Lukas, he was the confident kind, but not the confident boasting type. He's also pretty nice, though once, he spilled slime all over Scarlet, the most popular girl in school. She had screamed at him.

"Watch where you're going, uh...whoever you are. Luke, Zuke, Mike? Ugh, whatever! Just get lost!"

Lukas had never been more embarrassed in his great life.

There was always a flaw in everybody, and Lukas's was "utterly clumsy". He didn't know if that counted, though, because it's not incurable, but his parents always made a big fuss about it.

"Family meeting is starting. For today's meeting, we would like to discuss about Luka's clumsiness." His mom, Maya said in a formal tone.

Lukas rolled his eyes. "What are you going to do? Take me to a therapist?" Lukas said, a hint of scarcasm creeping in his tone.

Maya looked at Lukas's dad, Geoffrey, and shared the look. The look was a look they gave each other when sharing a secret about Lukas.

Maya cleared her throat uncomfortably. "Unfortunately, yes. Please, Lukas. We only want what's best for you..." Maya looked at Lukas, who was fuming.

"Why do you guys always go on about my "clumsiness"?! It's not a big deal, so stop making such a fuss about it!" Lukas stormed up the stairs and slammed his bedroom door, hard. Why did his parents always have to argue about this?

He glanced around his room. Perhaps, watching his carefully collected collections of seashells from the nearby beach would lighten up his mood. They always did. Lukas thought about school as his anger started to cool off. School was boring, except for the marine animals class. He had always felt a connection he couldn't explain to the sea, so he had signed up for the class when he'd heard about it. Suddenly, there was a faint knock on the door.

"Come in," Lukas hollered from his soft bed, his seashell collection placed on his lap.

His mom poked her head in. "Luke? Dinner is almost ready. I totally understand if you want me to place it outside your room. Would you want that, dear?"

Lukas sighed. "Yeah, okay. Whatever, Mom." The door closed, and Lukas couldn't help but feel that tomorrow, something unique would happen in his ordinary life.