Chapter Two: Lights Off

{Time Skip-After lunch}

The bell rang and the four stood up. They threw away their garbage and started walking to class.

"Hey, did you guys know about the Valentine's dance tonight?" asked Jacob.

"But Valentines isn't until Wednesday, no?" replied Anton.

"Yeah but they sent an email to the entire school that they're going to do it early since the semi-finals are starting on Wednesday," said Jacob.

Jacob turns and sees Jasmine and Andrea ahead of them whispering.

"What are you ladies looking at?" asked Anton.

Andrea looks up at her clock and yells.

"We're going to be late!" Exclaimed Andrea.

The four started running towards class, Andrea and Anton caught their breath while Jasmine was patting both of their backs.

"Mr. Hope, why are there only a few students? The bell is about to ring," asked Jasmine, panting.

Their teacher turns around and laughs.

"I think we still have 5 minutes before the bell rings, Jassy," said Mr. Hope.

Jasmine laughs and starts talking with her other classmates. Andrea, on the other hand, is making a few paper roses for her sweet boyfriend. Jacob and Anton were both eating snacks provided by the teacher with the other students. The Bell finally rang. Andrea took out a loud sigh.

"What's with the frown bunny?" Asked Jacob.

"We're not practicing Cake today," said Andrea.

Jacob chuckled. Mr. Hope turned around. 4

"Actually, Andrea, we're going to finish learning cake. We're done learning the slow dancing for tonight.

{Flashback}

Andrea walked into the room with her high buns and her tight ribbons laced onto her wrists and buns. Jasmine waved "hi". Andrea walked over to her section with Jacob and Jasmine.

"Did you eat today babe?" Asked Jacob.

Andrea turned away from her backpack and pulled out a marker. Andrea's intentions were to draw on Jacob's ear. Jacob smiled and chuckled.

"I did," Andrea replied with a smile.

Jasmine yelled from across the room, leaning on the cabinets.

"Lovey-dovies!" exclaimed Jasmine.

Andrea laughed. She pulled out her textbook and threw it at Jasmine's face.

"Payback!" Yelled Andrea.

Anton entered the room with a burger in his left hand and his phone in his right. Mr. Hope came through the other door while eating fries. The bell rang.

"You all know about the dance tomorrow right?" asked Mr. Hope

The class replied with a "Yes".

"Good. Well then, we're going to learn slow dancing because the instructors for the dance want it smooth this year," said Mr.Hope.

Andrea sighs loudly.

"We're not doing Cake today?" asked Andrea.

"No Ma'am," laughed Mr.Hope.

{Flashback-end}

"Yippee!" Exclaimed Andrea.

Andrea and her four friends teamed together to learn the dance. After 10 minutes, the group was on a certain part and they laughed after learning it. In just a few minutes, Mr. Hope received an email that there was a thunderstorm coming and that the lights would be out for a while. Just a while after, the lights went out. Jacob had gone to help another team, across the room.

"Babe, where are you?" Called Andrea.

No Response.

"Babe?" Called Andrea again.

Again, No response. Andrea started getting worried.

"Jacob!" Andrea called once more.

Still, no response.

5

Andrea started looking for her phone, which she had left on the floor. She managed to find it and turned on her flashlight. She turned it up all the way, the highest brightness. Guess what she finds? She sees Jacob and Jasmine sneaking up behind her. Right before she could say something, the two pounced on her.

"Guys!" Andrea yelled while the two started tickling her.

The three started laughing non-stop, while Anton had just come back from the bathroom. As Anton walked in, his every footstep was followed by the flickering lights.

"What's going on?" Asked Anton.

"Oh nothing, " replied Jasmine with a laugh.

The lights flickered as the groups in the room started talking again and messing around with their phones. After about at least seemed like forever, the period bell rang. The lights had been turned off more than expected.

"Just stay here guys. Nobody is leaving their rooms I think," said Mr. Hope while scrolling through Fashion Chingu on his laptop.

"Wait guys, I think I might have candles in my backpack," said Jasmine.

"Why do you have candles in your backpack?" Giggled Andrea.

"Student council," replied Jasmine.

Jasmine rummaged through her backpack. She pulled out a bag of at least 25 candles. Jacob went over to help her out. Andrea didn't notice, but Jacob and Jasmine touched hands. Both the J's looked flustered and pretended like nothing happened. Andrea turned over to Anton, who was still munching on food.

'You're still eating, Anton?" asked Andrea with a laugh.

"No such thing as too much food, Andrea," responded Anton with a funny frown.

"Do you have a lighter, Mr Hope?" Asked Jacob.

"I think I have one in the left drawer," pointed Mr. Hope.

Jacob went over to the drawer with his flashlight. He grabbed the lighter and lit the candles up with Jasmine. Someone knocked on the door. Andrea went to open it, but Anton stopped her and opened the door himself. A student, Mia, had tagged along with her friend, Diwa.

"Oh hey Diwa!" Called out Andrea.

"Hey girl," replied Diwa with a wave.

Mia walked in with a shy wave. Diwa laughed and pushed her in front, indicating her to say "Hi" to everyone. Everyone waved to Mia politely.

"I was able to check downstairs to see how they're doing with the lights. They're almost done," informed Diwa. 6

Mr. Hope nodded and started packing his things.