Chapter 9 (the sharp spin 3/3)

The spinning only got worse, switching directions every now and again and furniture flying everywhere.

It wasn't like this wasn't excepted as it was the final round but still.

Like before, no one was really speaking, now focused on not puking and not falling over.

Well everyone except Mai and usagi that is.

Every once in a while someone would break the silence by asking if Mai was ok.

Though I think this annoyed niragi as eventually he snapped at told them "we'll know if she's dead" in an angry tone.

Mai wasn't dead but she kind of wished she was, though injury itself already throbbed but now it was being jabbed at every second by the floor or usagi.

The only reason Mai is currently fighting to stay awake is so that she's not the reason usagi dies.

If Mai got out of this game and managed to find things to treat this wound then she probably wouldn't die, she hoped, though finding things in this word was proven difficult.

"Mai, are you still with me?" Usagi's voice echoed through the room.

"U wouldn't be alive if I wasn't," Mai replied.

"Everyone keeps saying that," Usagi sighed.

"Because it's the truth. If I die, you die," Mai stated firmly.

"That's why I have to make sure you're okay," Usagi explained.

Right, that's why Usagi was going to such lengths.

If they weren't handcuffed together or if the rules of the game were different, would Usagi still try to save her like this?

Mai knew she shouldn't be thinking about this right now, but she couldn't help it.

Was Usagi always like this? Or was it just when her life was on the line?

Well, Usagi's life would always be at stake in these games, wouldn't it?

Stop it, Mai! Why couldn't she just be grateful?

So many people had died in these games, yet here she was, sulking because she was only being saved due to the game rules.

It was pathetic.

"Mai!" Usagi called out, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Don't space out on me!" she scolded.

"I'm sorry," Mai apologized, though she knew that apology was for more than just spacing out.

"What the fuck!" a sudden yell came from Niragi, who was staring at some moving creatures on the floor next to him.

Bugs.

And not just one kind! There were many to choose from!

"I hate bugs!" Tatta exclaimed, trying to keep them off himself, though that was proven difficult as he was ok the floor with them.

"Does anyone actually like bugs?" Kuina shouted, even though she hadn't seen them yet, she had no doubt they were there.

"What's going on, where did the bugs come from?!" Arisu exclaimed in surprise.

Chishiya attempted to respond with his usual sarcastic remarks, but found himself unable to speak.

Did he ever mention that he wasn't athletic? Did he even need to mention it?

He never thought he would say it but, chishiya kind of wished he was still at the beach.

He had hoped that this being a clubs game would bring some luck? Or at-least be a little easier, but unfortunately, Chishiya still had to run.