Chapter 7 (the sharp spin 1/2)

Usagi's voice reverberated through the confines of Arisu's room, asking, "How much longer do you plan on sleeping?"

As the curtains were drawn back, Arisu shielded his eyes and rolled onto his back, and Usagi inquired, "Are you suffering from a hangover?"

"Did you manage to gather any information?" Arisu asked.

Usagi shook her head slightly and replied, "I'm afraid not."

"I think it's time for me to get up and try to gather some information," Arisu stated as he began to sit up.

"It seems like the Hatters have taken an interest in you." Usagi remarked.

"You need to be cautious, as the militant corps will be keeping an eye on you," she added.

Arisu nodded in understanding before embarking on his quest for information.

"The further they ventured from the city, the more dilapidated and untamed it became," one of the guys warned Arisu, describing the outskirts as jungle-like.

Arisu also learned from a girl that all the game arenas were located in Tokyo.

Another guy shared a harrowing tale about people attempting to escape by boat, only to be swiftly eliminated by the deadly lasers.

In a bizarre twist, someone mentioned aliens and the ominous idea of implanting chips in people's brains.

Unfortunately, none of this information seemed to be helping Arisu in his predicament.

As the duo strolled, Usagi commented, "The more we learn, the more twisted it gets...'" Arisu nodded in agreement, acknowledging that their only glimmer of hope might lie with the mysterious playing cards they possessed.

Just then, Chishiya's voice called out unexpectedly, grabbing their attention. "Hey," Arisu greeted him, and Chishiya urged them to follow him, mentioning that Hatter wanted to meet with them.

"But isn't Hatter supposed to be participating in a game?" Usagi questioned.

Chishiya shrugged, replying, "He mentioned something about having time to spare before leaving."

Curiosity piqued, Arisu and Usagi followed Chishiya, wondering what Hatter had in store for them.

As Arisu stepped into the room, it appeared unchanged from the previous night, except for the presence of Usagi, Tatta, and Kuina.

"Why have you brung us here? Don't You have a game coming up soon," Niragi inquired, clearly irritated.

"I've been pondering something and I want to experiment," Hatter responded.

"Eh?" Niragi expressed confusion.

"I intend to send a team out to observe how they collaborate," Hatter clarified.

"Oh shit, I'm not involved, am I?" Niragi questioned.

"The more, the merrier!" Hatter exclaimed.

"Arisu, Usagi, Chishiya, Kuina, Ann, Tatta, and Niragi," Hatter listed.

"While I'm occupied with my game, I want you seven to engage in a game together," Hatter instructed.

"What if it's a game of hearts?" Ann interjected.

"Then let's hope it's the 10 of hearts," Hatter
responded.

"This is bulls-," Niragi began to protest before Hatter interrupted.