Chapter 8 (the sharp spin 2/3)

As the announcer's voice echoed, "Round two will now commence", the room jerked into motion, a jolting reminder of the previous round but with a hint of increased intensity.

The room started spinning like the last round only a little faster.

"If this is it then I'm sure we'll be fine!" Tatta said.

Niragi responded sharply, "do you ever shut up?"

"I'm just trying to maybe encourage everyone!" Tatta defended.

Niragi snapped back, "why don't you try being useful instead."

Tatta frowned, frustration flickering across his face. He realized that arguing with Niragi would be useless. Instead, he focused his energy on the upcoming challenge.

"Does anyone else feel like the room is getting faster?" Usagi shouted, her voice filled with concern.

Niragi responded sarcastically, "Oh really? Because that's definitely not the whole point of this game." He skillfully dodged some furniture as he spoke.

Usagi quickly fired back, "No, I mean it's getting faster by the second. Last time it stayed the same until the end of the round!"

Kuina chimed in, trying to offer a solution, "Well, we just have to stay focused and adapt!"

Just as Kuina finished speaking, the room suddenly jolted, catching everyone off guard, just like when the game first started.

"What was that?" Tatta began to ask before he was thrown off his feet.

The room started moving in the opposite direction, causing chaos and confusion among the players.

"What the fuck!" Niragi yelled, scrambling to get up and helping Tatta at the same time.

But their attempts were short-lived as the room accelerated, knocking them down once again.

"Shit! We can't even get back up!" Arisu exclaimed, struggling to stand.

"Arisu, stop trying to stand for a moment. You're hurting my wrist," Chishiya said while slightly tugging on the handcuffs to get his attention.

"Well, why don't you try with me then?" Arisu retorted.

"That might work if we weren't also trying to avoid getting impaled by objects," Chishiya replied, swiftly moving out of the way of a table.

Suddenly, a large object, a sofa, lifted off the floor and crushed one of the players, causing blood to spray out from underneath.

In any other situation, the player's partner would have been lucky to survive. But in this game, luck was not on their side.

The partner of the crushed player began to cry and beg for mercy, but their pleas were abruptly silenced by a laser piercing through their skull.

"Holy shit," Kuina gasped, witnessing the horrifying scene.

"I thought those objects were glued down!" Tatta exclaimed in disbelief.

"I guess this is just the game getting harder," Ann remarked, a sense of dread filling the air.

The room suddenly changed direction once more, causing a disorienting feeling.

"Shit! Will it stop doing that!" Niragi cursed.

"Mai!" Usagi's voice echoed in the building.

When the room shifted, Mai had fallen onto a broken piece of furniture. A sharp pain shot through her body as she felt warm blood seeping from the new wound.