Chapter 1 - tag (1/2)

Arisu, lost in a place familiar and unfamiliar to him, felt completely disoriented. He desperately hoped that it was all just a product of his imagination, but his hopes were shattered when he saw his friend's leg severely burned. This forced him to reevaluate his beliefs

Karube's frustration was palpable as he paced around, exclaiming,
"What the fuck, dude!" Shibuki, trying to diffuse the tension, interjected,
"Hey, calm down! Your agitation isn't helping Chota at all."

Karube scoffed at the suggestion, retorting,
"calm down? Are you kidding me? I witnessed a laser piercing through two people's skulls from the sky, we where just trapped in a death game, and Chota's leg got burned by fire that emerged from the floor!"

"Can we put the arguing on hold for now? We can deal with it once we know chota's going to make it," Arisu interjected, his concern for his friend evident in her voice.

"He's right. Our priority should be chota's injured leg," Shibuki concurred, fully aware of the urgency of the situation.

Karube, however, brought up a valid point.
"But what can we do? None of us have any knowledge on how to treat burns."

Shibuki proposed a solution. "Why don't you and Arisu go into a game and search for a doctor or someone who can provide the necessary treatment for burns?"

Arisu and Karube exchanged glances, considering Shibuki's suggestion.

The idea of entering a game again was daunting, especially after the recent traumatic events they had experienced. However, the urgency of chota's condition pushed them to set aside their fears and focus on finding help.

Arisu nodded, his determination shining through his worried expression.
"She's right. We can't just stand here and do nothing. We have to try to find someone who can help chota." Karube hesitated for a moment, his mind racing with thoughts of the dangers they might face inside another game. But he knew that their friend's life was at stake, and he couldn't let fear hold him back.

"Alright, let's do it. We'll search for a doctor or anyone who can provide the necessary treatment."

After that the pair went out too find a game. The next game they found was in an apartment complex, they cautiously stepped in took a phone off the table.

"Do you think we'll find a doctor here?" Arisu asked his friend.

"There's quite a few people here, one of them might be one but we shouldn't get our hopes up."

"Registration has closed." A female synthetic voice suddenly reported "there are a total of thirteen participants, the game will now commence" the voice then added on.

Arisu, tho still panicked, listened closely as in his last game the voice explained the rules.

Suddenly a man with a blue hat came up to them, he looked lost, probably his first game.

"Excuse me? Do you know what this is?" He asked with a worried tone.

"Ah-" arisu went to try explain best he came before he was cut off by karube
"Don't, we don't need anyone dragging us down." He said. Arisu gave the man an apologetic look and turned his attention back to the game.

The voice echoed,
"Difficulty, five of spades."
Arisu's curiosity piqued as he questioned,
"Five of spades?" Suddenly, a man emerged before him, wearing a mischievous grin.

"That means it's a physical game!" he exclaimed. Arisu couldn't comprehend why the man found amusement in such a place. Seeking clarification, Arisu inquired about the significance of the card's symbol. The man eagerly responded,
"Yes! Spades signifies a test of physical strength, clubs represents teamwork, diamonds are games of intelligence, and hearts, well, those are the most treacherous."