Oops

"NYAAAAAAAAAAAANAHDFHJSOHGANDSYGJSH-"

I let out a frustrated sigh and adjusted the kitten in my coat. "WILL YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN??" I shouted, loud enough to cause students staying after school to poke their head out of the classroom doors. Blushing and staring at the ground, I continued on a little less loudly. "The whole school knows about you before the guy I'm supposed to give you to! All because you won't stop screaming!"

The black kitten managed to pull itself out of my shirt and up into my arms, almost escaping me completely. I shoved him back down, struggling with the buttons. "Just... calm down... almost there..." The dark wooden doors were only feet away now, I realized as I hurried the rest of the way. The cat was about to leap from my arms when I managed to pull the black handle out and swing the door open just in time. He landed in the middle of the room, his fur glistening in the dim light of the single candle. The force of his kick on my chest sent me tumbling backwards onto the floor, and I heard the clack of my elbow hitting the marble. Pain shooting through my arm told me it had been dislocated. I winced and pulled myself up with my good arm, glaring at the kitten that stalked proudly over to me. "You darned cat..." I muttered, sitting up slowly. Ok, you can do this... Three, two, one... I shoved my arm quickly back into it's socket before I could think. I let out a shout, before the pain completely disappeared as though it had never once existed. "I'm starting to think getting you was a bad idea-"

"Are you alright?" I looked up to see Nekozawa rushing over to my side, caressing my arm gently. "I saw you fall," he whispered huskily, rubbing my shoulder and elbow soothingly. Not until then had I realized that it was actually quite sore, and his fingers sent pain and relief through my body at the same time.

"How could you see me?" I asked, groaning when pulsing pain suddenly sent itself up my arm. "You weren't here when I fell."

"I was watching through the Alia Oculus," he said, leading me to the bed at the corner of the room. I noticed that his face didn't have any sign of the smirk that it normally did, and instead held total concentration. Is he actually worried about me? "The Other Eye allows me to see whatever I wish as long as I know what it is and where."

Crap. Did he see the cat already? I went through all that unsuccessful work of concealing that thing for nothing???

Suddenly I didn't feel my arm at all. His body shielded me from it, but from the frown on his pale face something had gone wrong. "What is it?" I asked worriedly. Where is my arm? Why can't I feel anything??? "What happened? I can't feel my arm at all!"

"Um..."

Oh my gosh. He said um. He never does that. Something is seriously wrong. My brain completely panicked and I pushed his shoulder away to see my arm- or my lack of it, for all I knew. The sight was rather disturbing.

"...I didn't mean to do that."

My arm. Was completely limp. And bending in the wrong places. There was no elbow whatsoever. It was like jelly contained in a skin wrap. I tried with all my might to concentrate on it, make it move, lift it or something. But it didn't respond to my efforts. I could feel tears of anger and worry coming to my eyes. "NEKOZAWA YOU REALLY SCREWED UP THIS TIME!!!!!" It was fine before! It would've gotten better on it's own! "Please tell me you can fix this!" I wiped my eyes and timidly tried to poke my arm. It bent even at my small touch, and a gasp escaped me.

He stared at it with shock written all over his face, reaching down to life one of my fingers with his own. It bent unnaturally in the air, reacting to gravity alone and not the bones that should be there. "I removed all bones and veins," he said, waving my hand around. I gagged at the sight of my own arm twisting lazily without my consent. "I can change it. Give me two minutes."

"Two minutes????" I panicked, grabbing onto his cloak as he tried to move away. "Don't you know how to do it already?"

"Um... I just need to check the book on this one," he stuttered, slipping away into the dark to my right where the table would be. I could hear him rustling around, moving glass objects. The heavy thudding sound told me he had the ancient book open, and was flipping through it hurriedly.

"AAH!" Something pounced onto my lap, and I was about to swat it away, until I remembered the kitten. "Oh my gosh, don't do that," I whispered to the formless creature that rubbed it's head against my stomach.

"Is something wrong?" Nekozawa asked, shuffling over to the end of the bed. His eyes grazed over me and then the cat, and his mouth dropped open. "What is that... gorgeous creature?" he whispered, jumping onto the bed and scooping the kitten from my lap. It nuzzled him happily as he nuzzled it back, purring exactly like a cat.

"I bought it for you," I said, glancing at them enviously. Why didn't the cat scream with him? How come I got all the attitude? "His name is Feliks, and he's a maine coon. Could we get back to the problem at hand here?"

After a few minutes (definitely longer than two) of cat hugging and flipping through books distractedly and nyans, etc. Nekozawa finally sat on the bed beside me and took my arm as gently as possible. I assume it was gentle, but I couldn't feel any of it. "Prepare yourself for pain," he said sympathetically, pressing his hand into my shoulder.

Wha-

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!" I screamed and cradled my arm in my hand, trying to ease the sharp pain that stung every fiber of that stupid arm. It bent correctly now, I noticed through my tears and cries of pain and rolling around on the bed in agony. "Oh my gosh, it hurts so much," I whimpered. It was like being hit with a hundred pound hammer, with the moment of contact playing on repeat. Everything hurt now, my whole body was sore. "Please try next time not to do that," I whispered.

Suddenly it was reduced to a dull ache. Although it still hurt like the hammer, the moment of contact replayed only once every ten seconds. I glanced up at Nekozawa to see him rubbing his hands together nervously. What happened? "I put a pain-relief spell on you," he whispered, not meeting my gaze. Is that guilt on his face? I couldn't be sure, because his black bangs hid most of it. "I'm really sorry I hurt you like that, and I don't want to ever do it again." He tentatively raised a hand to cradle my face and wipe away the wet streaks that fell down my cheeks. I shivered at the comforting cold of his palm as he pulled me into his cloak gently. From the nyan at my hip I assumed Feliks had followed us, curling into my side. I didn't care that I had to still practice all those instruments or that my family would be so mad I wasn't, or about anything else. The pain was too much for me to think. "Nekozawa..." I muttered. The pain was still so intense, and I let myself relax in his arms as he ran them comfortingly up and down my back, shushing me softly. I buried myself into his chest, closing my eyes tight against the pain and letting my tears seep out. Breathe. Remember to breathe. Just don't think...

"Shh, it's ok, everything is ok. It won't happen again."