Time Displacement

"So... this one will make me invisible?"

"Precisely," Nekozawa whispered through a smirk. His smiles were bone chilling and reassuring at the same time somehow. "This is your potion here, and this potion will make only me able to see you." He twirled the contents of the vial around dramatically in his pale hand. "You did everything up until now correct- except that added oregano and parsley-"

"Hey, I wanted it to taste good, ok?" I defended myself, fiddling with the end of my black cloak. "It looked disgusting by itself." The single candle lit up the small table at which we worked. My vial was an ugly green, cold to the touch and bubbling uncontrollably. His was the most beautiful shade of orange, like tomato juice, and did no such thing as bubble. I think this is rigged. He knows how to make it taste great and won't let me in on it.

His smile widened, and I could just imagine his blue eyes under his black bangs taunting me. "If you add anything in that isn't called for, it will change the spell. For the better or the worse is not known, but in the case of oregano and parsley I would guess for the worse."

He wandered off to another table in the pitch black room, muttering one of those ancient Latin spells on his way. For the worse my butt. Quickly casting a glance at him to see that he was safely looking the other way, I sprinkled more of the oregano into the thick green stuff. It sizzled and popped once, but other than that the change was unnoticeable.

He returned with the open spellbook in his hands, and grinned at me. "Drink your potion, and I shall drink mine after you. In this case it does not matter how much of the liquid you drink, but sometimes for the spell to work the vessel must drink all of it." He pushed my disgusting potion towards me across the table, still smiling evilly at me. I'm sure he intends for it to taste awful. Well does he have something coming to him. I'm going to be invisible and have an amazing-tasting potion to go with it.

I lifted the foul thing to my mouth and drank it in, taking only a small sip. The oregano did nothing to ease the barf flavour that settled into my tongue when the stuff rolled down my throat. I almost coughed it back up, but managed to keep it down with a whole lot of effort. Oh. My gosh. You can make a potion that turns you invisible but you can't make it taste at least a little better than this???

"Nekozawa, can y-"

I gasped. He wasn't moving. That grin was stuck on his face and his body was frozen, like it had been cut from stone. "Nekozawa?" I asked, waving a hand in front of him. He didn't respond. "If you're doing this to scare me..." But the potion in his vial had stopped mid-fling, with a few drops of it hanging in the air. "Oh my gosh," I whispered. Did I just stop time? Have I just STOPPED TIME???

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!

I broke out into the sunlight of the music room next door laughing my guts out. There are so many things I can do right now! So many pranks! Those Hitachiin twins will be put to shame! And I can get back at them for stealing my notes and my instruments and tripping me in the hallway and making me fall down the stairs-

All the thoughts of what I would do to the twins as well as other choice victims were flying through my head as I raced down the hall towards music room number 3, where the Host Club was probably planning for the next day. Opening the door a crack for me to get in, I saw that flower petals were frozen in the air, unable to move. The sunlight reflecting off of their smooth skins was breathtaking.

The twins were lounging on a sofa before about ten guests who were frozen with looks of awe on their faces. The twins were currently wearing their plaid green hats, which means they must be playing the "Which one is which" game they liked so much. I rolled my eyes and looked around the room for something to do to them... A black sharpie pen was in the bags of one of the girls, just sticking out.

I felt a smirk break out on my face. Time to make the game a little easier...

Five minutes later I was back in the darkness of Nekozawa's room, laughing to myself. He was still frozen in place. Maybe I should look into having the spell removed, I thought. How the heck do I do that? Um... "Start with the spellbook," I whispered to myself, going to Nekozawa to read over his shoulder into the book.

Suddenly I was completely lightheaded. The room is spinning... I found myself staring at the ceiling with an ache in the back of my head. So much black... Nekozawa wore a surprised look on his face, looking around the room for me. Time must have started back again, I thought, unable to move. Someone help meee...

He walked forward to begin his search for me, not seeing me on the floor. I couldn't call out a warning, and he tripped over my body, falling face first onto the tile. "What the- My goodness... You are quite the handful, aren't you?" he said crawling over to me. His grin returned, but it looked a little less evil. Maybe that was just with the influence of the lightheadedness I had acquired. His blue eyes were visible now. "You put the oregano in the potion didn't you?"

I could only nod, but heat rose to my face.

"WHO THE HECK WROTE OUR NAMES ON OUR FOREHEADS?????" the twins called in unison faintly from their music room. A smile crawled over my lips as I remembered my deed. Nekozawa gave me a proud glance as he heard the words. "I see you have used your time wisely," he whispered, and I could just barely release a small giggle.

He sighed and lifted my head in his hands, placing it on his lap. "There is a real reason I tell you not to do things, believe me," he whispered as he ran his cream-coloured hands through my hair soothingly. "The oregano must have created a temporary time displacement in which you could move and nothing else could. At least your silliness provided us with a new potion," he said, smiling again. "You should know for time displacement spells and potions, a vessel with no experience with the spell will become extremely tired and the muscles will be limp after use. Especially in potions. Don't worry, it won't last long," he assured me, leaning in close to my face. His cold breath was comforting on my skin. "I'll make sure you're ok while you are in your incompetent state."

Well that's comforting, I thought. I'm not "incompetent", mister-

But any thought process stopped when he pressed his lips gently against mine, turning my whole body cold. His hands were much more prominent against my scalp and the side of my face, caressing my jaw as he separated us. "I'll make sure you're ok," he repeated in a whisper, pulling me in closer.

Funny... The cold felt nice.