Care to Join?

I've been at this big Ouran Highschool for a whole six months now. I transferred from one wayyyyy up in northern Russia to study here in Japan for a while before probably being sent to some other random school in Africa or something. Whatever my sponsor wants to do with me. I'm struggling in math, but that's about it. Straight A's in pretty much everything else. Oh, besides extracurricular activities. Like sports. No sports, thank you. Due to this, I'm as strong as a very young, weak, malnourished horse. With some like, recurrent disease or something. I'm always sick. All the time. It doesn't matter what the sickness is, whether it's the flu or migraines or dizziness or colds or fevers... I'm just always sick. Start worrying about me when I'm not sick, because that's when something is really wrong.

I only have one extracurricular activity, which is music. I play the flute, the guitar, the violin, the piano, the harp, the saxophone, and the clarinet. I am the go-to for background music at all the school dances and performances and whatever. I can create CD's with the music on it as well, so that it's all me without needing more than one person. I do a whole ton of stuff around the school.

And does anyone notice my existence? No.

Every time someone passes me in the hall, I hear them whispering, "Hey is that a new kid we have? I wonder when it got in..." First of all. SIX MONTHS. Second. The music at every school dance you attend? Me. Third. I'm in a ton of classes. There are plenty of obvious opportunities for many many classmates to have seen me. Fourth, I'm not an "it". EVERY TIME, guys! Every single time, I'm referred to as an "it"!

The only student who knows me is Kyoyasan, and that's only because he has me arrange all the music for their host club thingies. He never even talks to me besides that, which is ok with me as long as I get my money for the music. But it's depressing... All the teachers take care of the dances, so none of the students ever interact with me. It gets kind of lonely, especially since I left my best friend in Russia. My sponsor doesn't seem to include emotions in his calculations.

I sighed and shoved my backpack higher up on my shoulders. School had just ended and all the students had either left or were waiting for their rides down in the courtyard. But I always stayed after school to practice my instruments in the music room. Hours and hours I work in there each day, because first my sponsor wants it. And then I want it, because it looks great on a transcript. Also it's really fun. I enjoy it, when I break it down into segments instead of just one whole seven hour practice.

The piano is beautiful here. And my other instruments I own, which make them a little less special in this situation. Always greener on the other side, yeah? I chuckled to myself and sat on the piano bench, throwing my bag to the side of the long, empty, silent room. The best part about playing was knowing that what I'm doing puts something into the world. Especially when it's so quiet before I start. The air is being filled with something that I'm creating.

Sunlight streamed through the window. I kind of wish it would go away. It's much too bright. It always is... I squinted and pushed my glasses up my nose, staring down at the piano. Stupid sun. As my fingertips grazed the ivory, a clanking sound erupted from behind me. I jumped and whirled around. Who the heck is here? I'm always alone! Why is there someone here?

At the other side of the room was a slightly cracked door, inside which all I could see was darkness and then a spotlight beaming out at me. Oh wait... I think that's a face. The palest face I've ever seen... Is he wearing a cloak...?

"I apologize for disturbing you," a raspy voice erupted from the grinning man. "But I came to hear you play again, and I seemed to have dropped my book."

I felt the heat crawl across my face. What's he mean "again"? This guy had been watching me every day while I practiced? What kind of creep is this? I stood and pushed the key cover down nervously, mostly because my practicing doesn't always sound the best. "Well you could've let me know sometime before this... I mean I would've practiced better and stuff..." I fiddled with my jacket and stared at the marble floor. What the heck man... A warning would have been really nice...

I heard him chuckle deeply. Almost evilly. Oh my gosh, that one noise is sending so many chills down my back. "I didn't want you to change your habits for me being here. I am Nekozawa, the president of the Black Magic Club. I was wondering if you would possibly be interested in joining?"

What a change of subject. I didn't make any move to close the twenty five foot space between us and he didn't either. As a result of a combination of him being on the other side of the room, only a crack exposing him, and my sucky eyesight, he looked like a fuzzy white dot on a black line on the door. I squinted at him, making out... black hair I think. And super white teeth that glowed at me when he smiled. But I couldn't see his eyes at all. "Um... Well what is it?" I asked uncertainly. True, I definitely did need another activity. My sponsor kept telling me to join a club, and the teachers were giving me heck about not doing anything but music. But I do a TON of the music already!

He giggled deviously and motioned with one finger for me to come closer. I inched to him slowly as he explained to me, "The club members practice and study black magic, its history, how it was used and began, and how it has evolved now. There is currently only one member- myself-" I had halved the length between us and stopped there- "but with an assistant it would be much more exciting!"

Now his head isn't a blob anymore. It's defined and un-blurry. Still no eyes. Or body. It blends with the background behind the door. "Well it sounds very interesting. I think I'd like joining." Black magic... That's a really cool subject to get into. Maybe not to go too deep, and end up selling my soul or something... but to familiarize myself with it. And it'd satisfy the teachers and my sponsor. Might as well pick an activity that I enjoy. "When can I do so?"

He did that finger motion again. If my eyes were seeing right, it was a very long, blocky, but thin finger. Almost like, wiggling or something. I crept closer again, until I was standing only a foot away. A whole lot less nervous at least. This is starting to sound pretty fun! "I'm glad to see you're interested," he said with that deep voice of his, the smile never leaving his face. "We can start right now if you'd like."

I motioned back to the piano and my instruments. "Well, I'm practicing right no- AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"

Suddenly I'm pulled into that pitch black room, all light disappearing. "This will be quick," he chuckled in my ear.

OH NO.