𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

Start from the beginning

'Run,' she muttered absent-mindedly, before her focus returned and she narrowed it on Bree. 'Run now. They're going to kill us all if you don't.' She winced as an elbow struck her in the back of her head.

Lorelei could only hear bickering voices for a few seconds as her head tried to shake off the hit. Chase seemed to spring into action and extended his arm towards her and the men surrounding her. The arm of the man next to Lorelei jolted away from her head as her heart skipped a beat in relief. The gun was yanked out of his hand and soared into Chase's.

'Take cover!' Lorelei screamed at them. She couldn't glance backwards, but as the bionic people before her ducked behind games and tables, she knew she was in trouble. That suspicion was confirmed by the threatening sound of guns being loaded.

With none of the others in her sight, Lorelei's eyes lit up. Her fright had turned into fury, her fingers curling at her side to gather the energy within the room. She heard one of the men tell someone to keep her close and make sure she couldn't try anything silly, and spun on her heels to face them.

She was met with confused frowns and wondering gazes, which would soon be smacked off of their faces. She raised her hands with curled fingers skyward, lifting several old arcade games along with her, engulfing the objects within her emerald mist that had charcoaled matter in it. She flung the games around the room as they crashed into the men.

The men were groaning, but Lorelei knew it would only keep them at bay for so long. She made her mist and furiously glowing eyes disappear before Bree asked her what was going on and what the awful noise had been. Her head popped up from behind the table and when she saw Lorelei and the men scrambling to get away from under the games, she sped over to her and brought her to the others.

'Are you okay? Did they shoot you?' she asked in an array of emotions, her breathing hiccuping in her throat. She frantically searched Lorelei's body for any sign of blood, but aside from the few dried droplets out of her nose, there was none. 'I am so sorry, they yanked me behind the tables.'

'I'm fine, Bree,' Lorelei reassured her, though the back of her head and her nose were still painfully throbbing. She could bit back the tears that almost overflowed her eyes earlier and more than anything, she wanted revenge on those men.

Chase had also seen the mess Lorelei had left before he crouched down behind the table again. 'Your molecular kinesis is incredible,' he said, a little taken aback at Lorelei.

'I've had a good teacher,' Lorelei replied rather shyly, avoiding his gaze completely. 'What's the plan?'

'We have to get out of here alive and go back to the island,' Chase said and motioned for Sebastian, Spin and Bob to move towards the middle so everyone could take a hold of them. However, their chatter had lasted too long as the wall-sized man had caught up to the table they were hiding behind. He picked up the heavy table like it was a piece of paper and threw it aside.

Lorelei's leg swiped over the floor and hit the back of his kneecaps, as the man involuntarily collapsed from the sheer force of the blow. He fell onto Adam, who caught him in time and tossed him a few feet away from them. The other men opened fire as Chase jumped on his feet and created a forcefield that was just big enough for everyone to squeeze behind.

'I can't hold this forever,' he grunted and let out a strained groan.

'We shouldn't just leave these guys here. They'll come after us another day if we don't stop them now,' Sebastian argued with Chase as he joined the energy of his forcefield with Chase's to create a stronger barrier.

'How do you suppose we win from an army of guns?' Chase hissed back at him.

Lorelei slowly moved to the back of the group and hid away from the flashing spectacle before her. She shivered with the thought that one of those guns had been pointed to her head minutes ago and the devastation they'd led to so far. However, she was far more destructive and could make those men wallow in their own pity if only she didn't feel the restraint to keep her power under wraps before the others.