𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 far more luxurious than the students' dorms that Lorelei was used to, though she despised the room. Pale, bright light illuminated the white with silver accented room and left the atmosphere of a scientific lab rather than a bedroom. Lorelei didn't want to touch anything, afraid that she'd leave a stain with her sheer touch.

The capsules in which the Davenport siblings would sleep, suit up, shower and more stood as three thrones overlooking the rest of the room, their backs turned on the beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean.

Aside from the spotless white color that washed over the room, it seemed to almost have been carved out of a rock. There were massive boulders stuck within the three-step stairs and the walls had a rough texture that reminded Lorelei of a cave. The whole room somehow blended in perfectly with the clean lines and lab-like interior of the academy, and yet didn't fit in at all at the same time.

Once Lorelei had blinked thrice, Bree had already gotten the popcorn and blankets and pillows using her superspeed. It still impressed Lorelei how advanced Bree's superspeed seemed to be compared to the students'.

Bree dropped herself on the couch and patted next to her for Lorelei to take a seat as she turned on the tv. Lorelei went on to sit next to her, but the sofa was softer than she'd anticipated as she bumped against Bree who'd started the movie. Lorelei muttered a quiet apology and readjusted herself until she was no longer touching Bree.

'Popcorn?' Bree asked before she stuffed her mouth full with it and extended the bowl to Lorelei.

'Sure,' Lorelei said and took a kernel. She glanced a little hesitant at the buttery popcorn, the deep yellow color making her curious as she ate it anyway. The rich flavors of the popcorn swirled in her mouth in a savory battle as she eagerly grabbed a handful from the bowl.

Bree covered herself and Lorelei underneath a warm, soft blanket and had nearly built a fort of pillows to sit comfortably. For someone who could sleep standing upwards with no pillows or blankets, she surely needed a lot to sit snugly in front of the tv. She moved to be closer to Lorelei so the pair could stuff their faces with popcorn without needing to reach far for the bowl.

The movie they were watching belonged within the category of romantic comedy, a genre which Bree loved to watch. She could enjoy the romance and put her mind on zero as she dreamed away about the perfect love story which wouldn't happen to her in a million years. She was stuck on a remote island after all and though she'd found her peers, those who had similar bionic abilities as her, she still didn't feel like she belonged within the group.

She was their teacher and their mentor, and with all the students she'd felt this distance from them. She wasn't exactly their friend, besides she couldn't truly be their friend when she had to teach them. However, things were different between her and Lorelei.