XIX. Seriously

Tw: slight smut

You woke up the next morning with Cordelia, letting her dress you for school and do your hair. She glanced over at you in the bathroom as she was in her room, brushing her straight blonde locks. She spots you leaned against the sink using her makeup and putting on what you usually do in the mornings with your own things back at your dorm. The only eyeliner she had was liquid and she hears you groaning, messing it up.

"Do you have any highlighter Delia?" you call.

"Like... a marker?"

"..Never mind." She looks confused, going back to her hair. "...Contour?"

"Y/n," she tuts.

"Brown eyeshadow will suffice, just help me here!" you whine. She shakes her head with an eye roll, laughing as she comes to you.

**

In her kitchen, you notice her get a bit quiet when she goes over to the cabinet that the key once resided under. You quickly stare at it on the floor where you placed it last night.
As she paced the kitchen, you noticed her looking about the area around her, shooting occasional glances at you. You knew she was suspicious, you just wanted her to find the damn thing and know that you...'didn't take it."

Guilt washes over you and you know she knows. She made your breakfast and didn't speak, still looking around. You had tucked it too well at the trim of the cabinet, it might take her forever to find it. Maybe if you asked her, you could help her look.

"Call me crazy but... are you looking for something on the floor?"

She turns her head towards you from the pan in front of her.

"No?" she asks with a confused look, going back to the eggs for a moment. "Why? Know of anything... misplaced?" she looked at you over her shoulder once more. You shook your head.

"No."

"Well that settles that," she mumbled.

She served you your food and when she sat down, you talked her ear off with anxiousness, avoiding seeming guilty. She bought it and engaged, sharing a few laughs with you before the two of you happily left the yellow cottage to go to homeroom.

"Oh I uhm... Forgot to tell you... there were too many students in your homeroom and a liiittle too few in mine. I took you onto mine," she giggled. "Are you mad? I'm sorry I saw an opportunity and took it," she sighed.

You thought it was strange but the thought of Cordelia wanting her eyes on you all the time sent a tingle down your back and other parts of you. You stared at her for a moment and scoff.

"How could I be mad about more time with you?" you blushed, but as it came out, you didn't agree. She was everywhere, always walking by your classrooms, of course her home, ballet, meals, the library, and now you have her for three periods out of the school day. You feel sick. "Although... don't you think-" you catch yourself before almost accusing her of practically spying, not wanting to hurt her feelings. "Never mind."

"No, what?"

"Don't you think... the weather is beautiful today?" you say with a cheeky smile. She rolls her eyes with a playful push of your shoulder.

"Oh come on," she retorted. "What were you going to say?"

"Nothing, nothing I just.... don't want you to get sick of me."

"Oh sweetheart," she mumbled, wanting to take you into a hug and reassure you but there was people around. "I couldn't. I promise."
Her eyes looked sad, trying to convince you of what you already knew.