𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

Just minutes after Feyre and the beast had left, Elain and Father had stopped crying and begun discussing how wonderful it was that Feyre was going to stay with Aunt Ripleigh. I wasn't aware we had an Aunt Ripleigh. They'd spoken of how the winter wind tore our tore off the hinges.

"Oh, Sammy, don't cry," Elain insisted. "I'm sure she'll visit."  

      I stared at her, brows furrowed. I wondered if I was truly crazy. I turned to Nesta who hadn't said a word. She was studying Elain with narrowed eyes. 

"I know you'll miss Feyre, but this will be good for her," Father assured me.

"Yes, and look on the bright side, Sammy," Elain continued. "You don't have to sleep on the floor during the summer, anymore."

    Nesta's eyes met mine, and in them I saw enough confusion to make me think maybe I wasn't alone. But she didn't say anything.

    She just turned on her heel and went to our room, slamming the door shut behind her.

⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆

    I was a mess for the next few days. My family was convinced it was because I missed my sister. And I couldn't tell them what really happened. Plus, I'd never learned to write, so I couldn't spell it out for them.

    I was hand sewing a dress by the fireplace that day when Nesta passed by, putting her cloak on.

"I'm going to speak with Tomas," she told me.

    I shook my head, dropping my fabric and launching myself at her and snatching her arm to tug her away from the door.

"Samara, let go!" she exclaimed, face twisted with anger as she yanked her arm from my grip.

    I gripped her cloak, pleading with my eyes as I pulled her towards me. If she had forgotten everything, she forgot Feyre's warning as well.

"I'm ending things with him, you little brat!" she snapped, shoving me backward.

    I stumbled, falling back onto the floor with a grunt. Nesta's face softened. She sighed, leaning down to help me up with a muttered apology. Her brows furrowed as she studied my face, looking into my eyes.

"You remembered Feyre's warning," she realized. I nodded desperately. "You remember everything, don't you?" I nodded again, relief sweeping over me. "Well, I'm going to the wall tomorrow to try to find a way into Prythian to get her back."

     My eyes lit up and I pointed to myself, my way of asking to join her. Her grey eyes grew stern.

"Absolutely not," she denied, shaking her head. "It's far too dangerous, and I already found someone willing to go with me."

      I nodded, understanding. She went off, wrapping her cloak close to her. Our door was still broken. I watched her walk off, anxiety creeping in my gut.

⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆

     When Nesta came home, I immediately knew something was wrong. She slammed the door behind her. Her face was flushed and there were tears running down her cheeks.

     There was a red mark on her cheek, as if someone had hit her. There was a tear at the bodice of her dress, then several more at the skirt. Her bottom lip and chin were stained with blood.

     I rushed to her side, concern in my eyes as I reached for her cheek, stroking the swollen mark. She leaned into my touch for just a split second before remembering herself.

"I'm fine, Samara," she said sternly, swatting my hand away. "I called things off with him."

     My eyes widened as I realized what had happened. He had hurt her. I took her hand in mine and led her to the bathroom.