𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵

Nesta allowed me to grieve, for once not scolding me for my tears. While she didn't comfort me, her silence was comfort enough.

     I spent the day in my bedroom, leaning against my window with tears streaming down my face. I watched as a carriage came down the path, stopping in front of the estate.

    Nesta and Elain approached it, and I saw a beautiful girl step out of the carriage. The two spoke for a minute, but as I looked closer, I realized . . .

    It was Feyre.

    I was on my feet immediately, stumbling down the stairs, gripping on the banister to keep myself from falling.

    I couldn't run, so I walked as fast as my legs would allow me.

"Sammy, be careful!" Elain exclaimed when she saw me approaching.

    But I nearly attacked Feyre in a hug, wrapping my arms around her and holding her close to me. She pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

"I know, I missed you, too," she said very quietly.

    I pulled away, and she wiped the tears from my eyes. She looked so different. She'd gained weight. We all had. But she was glowing. She was more beautiful than I'd ever seen her.

"Come inside. We'll show you the house! We dont have a room decorated for you, because we thought youd be with poor old Aunt Ripleigh for months yet, but we have so many bedrooms that you can sleep in a different one each night if you wish!" Elain said to her.

    Feyre took my hand as we followed Elain towards the manor. I couldn't believe it was her. I had surely thought she would die in those lands.

"Father will likely faint when he sees you," Elain babbled on. "Oh, maybe he'll throw a ball in your honor, too!"

⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆

     Feyre told us stories of Aunt Ripleigh that both Nesta and I knew were made up. But Nesta didn't say anything, so I didn't let on that I knew the truth, either.

     Days passed. Feyre spent most of her time with Elain in her little garden. Sometimes, she'd come sit with me in my room. I was still grieving Clare. I spent a lot of my time crying.

     Only Nesta knew the truth of my relationship with Clare. And while she'd never approved, she'd never told anyone, either. I appreciated that. It would've been an easy way to shame me in front of our family. But she never stooped that low.

     Most nights, I couldn't sleep. Thoughts of Clare kept me up. And I was lonely. Lonely without my sisters squished into the bed with me.

     I managed to get up. Feyre was sleeping right next door. I crept into her room, finding her awake in her bed.

"Sammy?" she asked, her voice tired.

    I crawled into her bed, cuddling up to my older sister. She sighed, holding me close. I sniffled, blinking back tears. I hadn't been held in so long.

"It's been lonely for you, hasn't it?" she asked. I nodded. "I'm sorry I had to leave you, Little Sammy. I know they can be cruel." 

     They had been. I just nodded again, letting the tears fall. Feyre rubbed circles on my back and kissed my forehead.

"Nesta told me you both remember everything," she admitted. I nodded a third time. "I told Nesta everything. Do you want to hear it?" A fourth nod. "Okay, then."

     Feyre went on to tell me the whole story. By the end of it, I was able to drift off to sleep. The last thing I heard was her telling me she loved me.