𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢

yall just know that i love all three archeron sisters with all my heart. im sorry if they're a bit villainized at the beginning, i promise they'll all be besties eventually.

⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚⋆ ⋆ ˚⋆

     Warmth radiated from the fire, seeping into my skin, providing a comforting contrast to the cold as I extended my hands towards the dancing flames, seeking to stop the relentless shivers that racked my body. 

     The sharp pangs of hunger gnawed at me, sending aches through both my stomach and head. I silently hoped that Feyre would return soon, bringing food to sate the collective hunger gnawing at all of us.

"Samara, you've had your turn," Elain shrilled, shoving me away from the fireplace.

     I collapsed onto the ground with a thud, grimacing from the impact. Elain seemed indifferent, positioning herself before the fire, basking in its warmth and tending to her chilled fingers.

     I cast a glance at my father, silently pleading for him to advocate on my behalf. But I knew he wouldnt. He would never speak against Elain. At times, it felt as though she was the singular object of his affection, the only one of us that he loved.

     Nesta slid into place next to Elain, seeking the fire's embrace for her own hands. I tried to stifle the twinge of loneliness that surfaced as I observed them--their companionship from which I was always excluded.

     Suddenly, the door burst open, ushering in a gust of frosty air, and there stood Feyre. She entered, bearing the weight of a deer across her shoulders. I scrambled to my feet, propelled by a mix of eagerness and gratitude, and hurried to assist her.

"Feyre!" Elain gasped, leaving the fire to approach us. "Where did you get that?"

"Where do you think I got it?" Feyre snipped, slamming the deer onto the wooden table. The deer was covered in the pelt of another animal, which Feyre peeled off of the doe.

"Will it take you long to clean it?" Elain asked, raising a brow.

"Feyre," our father spoke up from where he was sitting. "What luck you had today in bringing us such a feast."

     Nesta let out a snort. In response, Feyre fixed Nesta with a sharp look, pulling herself upright with a dignified bearing, despite her evident soreness.

"We can eat half the meat this week," Feyre announced. "We can dry the other half, and I'll go to the market tomorrow to see how much I can get for the hides."

"I'd love a new cloak," Elain said with a sigh.

"I need a new pair of boots," Nesta argued.

"But I'm freezing with my raggedy old cloak," Elain pleaded. "I'll shiver to death. Please, Feyre."

I shook my head, hitting Elain's arm and pointing to the fabric of my dress. Elain rolled her brown eyes at me.

I was able to make us a bit of money by sewing and selling dresses, shirts, pants, whatever I could. I didn't make as much as Feyre did by selling her game, but it got us by when Feyre was unlucky in the woods.

"Fabric doesn't cost much, Sammy, we'll get you some," Elain promised me. "Feyre, please." She continued to whine until Nesta clicked her tongue.

"Shut up, Elain," Nesta warned our sister. "Stop whining."

"I think I deserve it most, Nessie," Elain complained.

Nesta just rolled her eyes and bickered back with the girl. Our father managed to get to his feet, grabbing his cane and hobbling over to the table.