Selene bit her lip. If grief weighs upon you for Bianca's death, cease thy self-pity and own up your burden, Zoe's words echoed in her mind. She couldn't fight Atlas nor Hyperion, yet someone else could.

She turned back to Percy. Leaning in close, she rose onto her tiptoes, her breath warm against his ear as she whispered, "Focus on Atlas. Hyperion is weak."

As she kneeled beside Artemis, Selene observed the goddess's face for a second. She'd seen few gods in her short lifetime, yet none of them were ever crying before. A solitary teardrop traced a path down Artemis's cheek.

"I couldn't save Bianca," Selene whispered. "But please, help me save my friends."

Artemis's brow glistened with sweat, a metallic sheen shimmering in the moonlight. "No, child," she replied, her voice strained with sorrow. "You still lack the strength to bear such a burden. You may..."

Selene's plea cut through the air before Artemis could finish. "You're my only hope, Lady Artemis," she declared, her words tinged with desperation. "Grant me the weight of the sky!"

Selene snapped one fan open and slashed through Artemis' chains. Then, she stepped next to her and braced herself on one knee—holding up her hands—and touched the cold, heavy clouds. For a moment, Artemis and her bore the weight together. It was the heaviest thing she'd ever felt, as if she was being crushed under a thousand trucks. She wanted to black out from the pain, but as she breathed heavily, her eyes locked with Percy's.

It's okay, she mumbled. I'll be okay.

Then Artemis slipped out from under the burden, and Selene held it alone.

Then, in a moment that felt both sudden and agonizingly slow, Artemis slipped away, leaving Selene to bear the weight alone. Every fiber of her being screamed in protest, her muscles ablaze with pain as the sky pressed down upon her.

Selene fought to stay upright, her focus solely on maintaining her grip on the weight above. With each passing moment, the agony threatened to consume her, but she refused to yield. Thoughts of Bianca, her sacrifice echoing in Selene's mind, fueled her determination. If Bianca could give her life for this, then Selene could hold the sky for just a little longer.

Her eyes didn't dart away from Percy's, not even for a second. As long as she could see him, she knew she could endure anything. If Percy was okay, then so was she.

Artemis crumpled to the ground, her form now trembling with exhaustion. Her breath came in ragged gasps, and beads of sweat dotted her brow like glistening pearls against her pale skin. Every movement seemed to sap what little strength remained within her, leaving her vulnerable and frail.

Hyperion chuckled, "Oh, my child. Ever the courageous." He looked at the jar on his hands, "Though I prefer you now, after our little intervention."

"Fight us," Percy exclaimed. "And let's see."

"Have the gods taught you nothing? An immortal does not fight a mere mortal directly. It is beneath our dignity. I will have my friend Hyperion crush you instead," Atlas scoffed. "This mortal body is serving you well, isn't it, my companion?"

"So you're another coward!"

Atlas's eyes glowed with hatred. With difficulty, he turned his attention to Thalia.

"As for you, daughter of Zeus, it seems Luke was wrong about you."

"I wasn't wrong," Luke managed. He looked terribly weak, and he spoke every word as if it were painful. "Thalia, you still can join us. Call the Ophiotaurus. It will come to you. Look!"