"So lousy with your work," she muttered playfully, feeling his chest rumble with a low hum in response. "Do you even have any idea what is my profession?" His question caught her off guard. Indeed, what was his profession? She realized she had never inquired, nor had she taken the initiative to learn more about that aspect of his life. A wave of guilt washed over her as she bit her lip thoughtfully.

In a timid tone, she ventured, "Kya main abhi aapse puch sakti hu?" Kiaan's laughter made her tremble, as she was practically attached to him. "Main nahi bata raha. Aap khud pata kar lijiye." he playfully challenged.

(Can I ask you now?) (I won't tell you. You'll have to discover it yourself)

Avika's eyes sharpened as she distanced herself slightly, retorting without any real bitterness, "Alright, I'll figure it out myself." A spark of amusement lit up his gaze as he added, "You have three days." Her eyes briefly flashed with surprise, but she quickly regained her poise, nodding in agreement with a brisk motion.

Kiaan observed Avika, noting the frustration etched across her features. Their search for the perfect apartment was proving fruitless, despite his earlier promise to help. They encountered properties that were either dubious or exorbitantly priced. While Kiaan was willing to overlook the cost for his mother's comfort, Avika had reservations, preferring a balance between quality and affordability.

Kiaan had the means to secure a place through his contacts, but Avika insisted on handling the search herself, viewing it as her duty. She was determined to find the right place on her own terms, valuing Kiaan's emotional support and companionship above all.

"Aaj ke liye bas karein?" Kiaan suggested, passing her the water bottle. Avika accepted it, her expression a mix of frustration and resignation, as she opened the bottle and took a drink.

(Should we call it a day?)

She handed the bottle back with a sigh, "Abhi toh bohot time hai." Her hopeful gaze pointed to the watch, nearing three in the afternoon. Kiaan's face fell with regret as he admitted, "Mujhe ek meeting ke liye jaana hai."

(We still have plenty of time left) (I have a meeting to attend)

Understanding dawned on her, "Sorry, woh main—"

(Sorry, I—)

"No! Don't be sorry. It's not like I'm ignoring my work for you. Bas yeh meeting thodi urgent hai warna main naa jaata," Kiaan reassured her, ensuring she didn't feel guilty for something beyond her control.

(It's just that this meeting is a bit urgent, or else I wouldn't have gone)

Her expression subtly changed; a nuance he might've missed had he not been paying close attention. Shortly after, as they settled into the car, she broke the silence, her voice casual, "Kis baarein mein hai yeh meeting?" Her gaze shifted towards him, feigning indifference.

(What's this meeting about?)

Kiaan couldn't help but smile, recognizing her tactic. He stayed silent until he started the car and pulled into traffic. Glancing her way, he replied with a nonchalant shrug, "Kaam ke baarein mein," his smile conveying more than his words.

(It's about work)

He could tell she was frustrated as she let out a huff and turned her gaze out the window, her cheeks puffing out adorably. Upon arriving home, Kiaan paused, hoping she'd glance his way before they went their separate paths, but she stubbornly avoided his gaze and exited the car. Not one to give up, he quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and leapt out of the car, hurrying after her.