"Well, we are hot and sexy vulgar ladies then. And we're having some fun tonight. Am I right?" A smirked crossed Amy's face.

"Right." Rachel smiled in response.

"By the way, are you really wearing that to the party?"

Rachel looked down at her outfit "What's wrong with it?"

"It doesn't really match the makeup style." Amy bit her lower lip as she analyzed the clothing choices of her friend.

She was wearing a white top under a long sleeve shirt with a colorful retro pattern and mom jeans. Amy, on the other hand, had chosen a black top that finished above her belly that had a Metallica design at the front— purposely to catch Kai's attention. She had paired it with a leather jacket, a short leather skirt and fishnets.

"This is the only thing I'm allowed to wear." Rachel sighed "It was my sister's."

"Well, is she blind? 'Cause that's horrendous."

"Wow, thanks." Rachel huffed. "I don't think it's that bad."

Amy shook her head "I'll lend you some clothes. You're not going out like that."

Rachel stopped complaining. She always admired Amy's style and she wished she could dress however she wanted, like her friend. But again— her family would not approve.

Amy ended up lending her a pair of red velvet flared pants, a black blouse with lace and a chunky belt. When Rachel came out of the bathroom all dressed up, Amy's jaw dropped.

"Oh my— Who's this girl?!"

"Stop." Rachel smiled, looking at the floor briefly to hide her embarrassment "I like it but I also feel stupid. Is it— is it normal?"

"Absolutely. I used to feel stupid too until I decided not to care."

"It's hard 'not to care' when everyone's got you in their sights. I was called a murderer just the other day."

Amy scoffed "Yeah. By some ugly guy whose family tree doesn't seem to have enough branches."

Rachel burst out laughing at the comment, followed by the brunette.

"We should get going." said Amy once they stopped. "Alcohol ain't gonna drink itself."

• • •
song: dirty diana — michael jackson

Leah's lake house was packed with people. Rachel wasn't surprised, she always threw big parties aiming to gain more popularity between students— if that was even possible. She used to say that it was her way of assuring her 'Prom Queen' position. Leah wasn't risking not being voted her last year of school. That's why they found almost every single person from high school there.

Amy wasted no time in walking directly to a table to fill up her empty cup, dragging Rachel along with her. The blonde stood there awkwardly, watching how Amy looked through every alcohol bottle with excitement as if they were some kind of rare collectibles.

"I haven't tried some of these." She explained as she prepared her drink.

Amy kept talking, but Rachel couldn't listen to her. She was too focused on all the people who were giving her weird looks. Rachel wasn't sure if it was because of her so-out-of-character outfit and makeup or because she had decided to go out and have fun when her best friend was dead.