CHAPTER THREEsong: west end girls — pet shop boys

CHAPTER THREE
song: west end girls — pet shop boys

"AND I GOT DETENTION" Rachel plopped her food tray on the table as she took a sit in front of Amy at the school cafeteria.

She had been at least one hour inside the principal's office the day before, pleading to him not to call her family to tell them about what happened. At first he seemed reclutant not to do it but then he tried to understand that Rachel was grieving and maybe that was the only way she could cope with it. So Mr. Rogers ended up deciding that he wasn't going to call her parents, but her behavior had to be punished somehow. As much as it hurt him to do so.

"Are you sure he was there?" asked Amy, raising an eyebrow.

"Positive" Rachel sighed frustratedly. She didn't like the way Amy looked at her as if she was crazy "He was standing next to me and then... whoosh. Gone." she flicked her hand.

"Maybe he's a vampire" Amy joked, laughing.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Really?" She was clearly annoyed at her friend for not taking her seriously.

"You know... what I told you about my cousin James and his secret club."

Amy had been begging to Rachel all summer about joining Amy's cousin's club. In which its members were looking for a way to become a vampire. Rachel always thought that it was absurd and that those things did not exist, so she never really listened to anything Amy said about that. The idea of becoming part of a secret club appealed her, but nothing more than that.

"It's not that secret if he's told you" Rachel pointed out.

"That's because he trusts me" Amy complained, frowning at her friend as she poked the poorly cooked fish on her plate with her fork "And I trust you."

Rachel sighed loudly again, resting her chin on the palm of her hand "Yeah, well... Trust me on this then. I didn't smoke yesterday in the bathroom. Do you really think I'd risk getting caught and my parents finding out? No, thanks." She redirected the conversation to the main topic. "You know I never smoke at school." Rachel added, lowering her voice.

"Right." Amy nodded, bringing a piece of fish to her mouth and chewing it slowly with disgust "This is foul." She spoke with her mouth full "Are you eating it at all?"

Rachel looked down at her tray with a scrunched nose "I'll try" she responded. She could hear her stomach growl, she had barely eaten the last few days so she knew she needed to eat something as much as she hated school meals.

"Don't" Amy shook her head, swallowing harshly "It's bad like— really fucking bad." She made a brief pause as she drank water "So... When do you have detention?"

"After last period."

"What are you going to say to your parents?"

"I'll just tell them that Mr. Rogers wanted to talk to me or something" Rachel shrugged.