5. Home Again

Chapter 5
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"the quality of your life is built on the quality of your decisions

"the quality of your life is built on the quality of your decisions."
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

THE CAMP WAS BUZZING with activity, delinquents talking and goofing around. Some of them acted like one of their own hadn't just been taken by the seemingly territorial grounders that have been living here ever since the rest of them went into space. There was a small percentage of the flock that did actually look worried even if some of them covered it up.

Quinn sat on a log next to the ash-ridden campfire, Milo sitting on the ground with his back leaned against the bark. Her hands, having always needed to keep them busy, fumbled around with the buckle of the strap from her makeshift pack that she begrudgingly took from Wells. Monty had been with them, the two of them attempting to ease his nerves before he walked into the drop ship to see what was taking Clarke so long.

They were about to leave with their small search party to try and find Jasper. The plan was straight forward, save for the fact that they didn't know what to do if they encountered these grounders. While they knew they had to be painstakingly good at fighting considering the grounder's pinpoint accuracy who literally impaled Jasper with a spear from such a distance, Quinn figured they still had no idea what they were up against.

"And so, Jasper said, 'the milk isn't included in the meal?'" Milo finished his story with a chuckle, though Quinn hadn't really been paying attention. She was too lost in her thoughts, going over the plan multiple times in her head. Milo seemed to realize that when he glanced up at her. "Are you okay?"

Quinn opened her mouth to respond, but her eyes fell on a dark headed man walking over to the two of them.

"Phillips, let's have a chat," Bellamy said as he came to a stop in front of them, glancing briefly at Milo before looking to her.

Quinn stared at him for a moment. She was baffled, they hadn't exactly talked before and he seemed to hate the 'privileged', so why did he want to talk to her? She guessed it wouldn't hurt to find out.

"I'll be back," she told Milo and she pushed herself off the log. As they walked to the side of the camp, she glanced over at Bellamy and said, "You have three minutes. Less than that if I see the others leaving."

Bellamy paused, seeming to be taken aback by her slight attitude, but she could've sworn that she saw a fleeting flicker of amusement in his gaze. Until it was gone. "Octavia needs medical attention and since wannabe doctor Clarke-" he smirked at her glare,"-is preoccupied with planning Jasper's search party, I figured you were the next best thing."

While Octavia had... slightly grown on her, she still didn't like her brother. He was too cocky, too careless. The two weren't always a bad thing, but in abundance, it was a cocktail for disaster.