2. Reunion

Chapter 2

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much

"alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much." -helen keller

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

QUINN WHIRLED AROUND to see Milo, her childhood friend and neighbor. For a while in her teenage years, she had a crush on him until she finally realized that he only saw her as a friend. At first, it hurt, but she valued their friendship too much to let her feelings put a wedge between them.

"Milo," she hummed with a soft smile. Before she could say much more, he was enveloping her in a tight hug.

"When the hell did you get locked up?" he asked, pulling back just enough to get a good look at her. The grin that invaded his lips was absolutely contagious, but she could pick out a sense of concern in his gaze.

"Two years ago. It wasn't too long after you did," Quinn told him. Even though he had been one of her closest friends, she was a little hesitant on telling him the reason she was put into solitary confinement. That was why he hadn't known of her arrest, because she couldn't see anyone else for that long. It was maddening and she knew the Chancellor did that to both her and Clarke so the secret of the Ark wouldn't get out.

"Tell me you didn't take a page out of my book," Milo said with a laugh as he took a step back to give her some space. He and a couple of his other friends stole 'medicinal herbs' to get a good high every once in a while. Occasionally he would ask her if she wanted to join in on the fun, but she turned it down. 'Quiet Quinn', he always called her, mostly because she never did anything to draw attention to herself.

"No. I learned from your mistakes," she joked and she loosened a chuckle. In an attempt to change the subject, she looked around at the trees that surrounded them. "Can you believe we're actually here? We're on Earth."

Milo gave her a look that conveyed how he did notice her quick topic change, but he seemed to shrug it off. "I'm just glad our faces haven't melted off with all the supposed radiation in the air," he snorted, however, his smile gave away that he, too, was excited to be on Earth.

As Quinn took in the scenery, she spotted Clarke and Wells talking in the distance and a bad feeling settled over her. She knew Clarke was still mad at Wells, hell, she was still mad at Wells. Quinn knew she shouldn't interfere, but they had all been friends once and she didn't think he deserved to weasel his way back in so soon just because he got on the drop ship for Clarke.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you later," Quinn told Milo with a small smile and she clapped a hand on his shoulder as she walked past him.

"This is us," she could hear Clarke saying as she walked up behind the two of them, etching the distance on a map. "This is where we need to get to if we wanna survive."