4. Not Alone

Chapter 4
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Chapter 4˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"the sun will rise and we will try again."
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

IT WAS THE MIDDLE of the night and the hallways of the Ark were vacant, silent, save for the two little blonde girls sneaking through them. One seemed much more reserved that the other, worried even.

"Let's just go back," one of the girls quietly whined as they turned a corner. "We're gonna get caught, Quinny. Mom will make us scrub the floors for weeks!"

Quinn, not seeming to mind her warning rolled her bright purple ball down the hallway, along with her eyes, and chased after it. When she finally caught up to it, she picked it up with a triumphant grin and turned to her friend. "You mean she'll make you scrub floors. I'm not your mom's kid, Clarke!"

"You're like my sister so..." Clarke grumbled as she jogged over to Quinn and she snatched the ball out of her hands, holding it out of her reach as she tried to grab it. "Come on. We gotta get back before our parents notice."

"No!" Quinn whisper-yelled as she jumped up to grab the ball, only for Clarke to jerk it back out of reach.

"Yes!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yuh-"

Before the two could come to an agreement, they both froze at the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway. Quinn's eyes widened and she grabbed Clarke's hand, tugging her to the nearest door which led to a broom closet.

"I told you-"

Quinn shushed her, slapping a hand over Clarke's mouth to keep her quiet.

Quinn left the door open just a crack and she peeked out of it. Clarke tried to look, too, but her friend's big head was in the way. Quinn paused when she noticed the footsteps belonged to... her mom and some man she couldn't see because of the dim lighting. They were speaking in hushed whispers, but she was able to catch bits and pieces of their conversation.

"We have to stop doing this behind their backs," her mom whispered, her head turning as if to check to make sure no one was coming down the hallway.

"I know," the man murmured, his head dipping in shame. "I just can't stop thinking that I..."

His voice lowered to a point where Quinn couldn't hear him. She leaned in closer to the door, trying to hear better yet it was no use. That voice... the man, she recognized it. It was on the tip of her tongue.

"We can't tell them. Let's just... let's just stop while we're at it," her mom responded.

Both of their heads snapped towards a sound down the hallway and with rushed whispers, they parted ways. Quinn's hand fell from Clarke's mouth and they exchanged a look.