3. Damsel in Distress

Chapter 3
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*

Chapter 3˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*

"get lost in nature and you will find yourself."
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

IT HAD BEEN quite a few hours since the ragtag group of delinquents set off into the forest towards Mount Weather and everyone but Clarke thought they were making great time. She was ahead of the group, constantly huffing and puffing about how slow the rest of them were being. Finn trailed along behind her with Octavia and Quinn and Milo fell behind in the back.

Quinn found that it was nice catching up with Milo. She still danced around the actual cause of why she was locked up in solitary confinement for two years, but she enjoyed hearing his stories of what him and the other two used to get into. He, specifically, gave the guards a hard time with his witty and sarcastic responses. It was encouraging to know someone had the guts to stand up to them even if it was with words and not actions.

"And one time, I 'dropped' a banana peel right outside Monty's cell door. I swear it was like something out of a cartoon when he slipped on it," Milo told Quinn, his own smile widening at Quinn's amused grin.

As she chuckled, she happened to look ahead of them just in time to see Finn pushing Octavia's dark hair back to tuck a purple flower behind her ear. It was a sweet gesture, but she could tell Finn just had a flirty personality. Hell, he came on the trip just for Clarke, everyone except her and Octavia could see that.

As Milo and Quinn walked up behind Jasper and Monty, she could hear the prior saying, "Now, that, my friend, is game."

Quinn had two years to read books about... well, everything, and if she remembered correctly-

"That, my friend, is poison sumac," Monty replied as he plucked one from its stem.

Quinn slapped a hand over her mouth and both her along with Milo snickered as they watched Octavia freak out a bit.

"What? It is?" Octavia yelped, swatting the flower off her ear and out of her hair.

"The flowers aren't poisonous," Monty told her as they started to walk again. "They're medicinal, calming actually."

"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the Ark," Jasper explained when everyone seemed to wonder how he knew something like that.

Honestly, Quinn figured Monty was just a smart kid, but it made more sense knowing he grew up around it. Also, she figured out that it was much easier for them to get those 'calming' herbs that got them in trouble in the first place.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke turned around to nag for about the fifteenth time.

Even Quinn was beginning to grow a little annoyed. She knew they needed to get to Mount Weather, but it was their first day on Earth and she wanted to enjoy it. Especially when she was simultaneously catching up with Milo who she hadn't seen in over two years. She had to bite her lip to keep from laughing when she noticed him mocking Clarke behind Jasper so she wouldn't see him.