Nicknames

Dracula went by many names.

Monsters and humans alike would call him Count, or The Dark Prince, or even The Vampire King. On more casual terms he was known as Drac. To his little grandson Dennis he was known as Papa Drac. To his daughter Mavis and his son-in-law Johnny, he was known as Dad. To Vlad he was known as son (or sometimes the King of Room Service if the elder vampire felt himself in a rather teasing mood). But to Ericka, there wasn't just one title. No, there were several, and each had its own scenario to which it could apply.

Honeyfangs was her most commonly used. It was a quick way to convey her affection whenever she called for him, or as they passed each other by, or when she wanted to sooth his nerves. She had him labeled as such on her phone, and would feel her heart swoon upon seeing his loving little texts - abundant with heart emojis and kissy faces - ping up on her screen throughout the day.

Sneaky Pants was a moniker used when the man was being particularly sly. He'd tug her aside, placing a finger upon his lips in hopes that she'd keep quiet as he helped in slinking themselves away without drawing attention. Most of the time it was to spend a quick moment together, through the means of a few heated kisses exchanged accompanied by some wandering hands. It always left her flushed and breathless, the woman remaining sober enough afterwards to straighten out her clothes and smooth out her hair so to not give any indication of their activities.

Hotstuff was used whenever Drac further expanded on those said activities. The man knew he didn't look all that bad when it came to appearances, but to hear it from his wife made Drac feel like a stud. And rightly so, in Ericka's eyes. She was mesmerized by his physique, the pale stone-like complexion of his strong muscles and sharp features coupled with his sleek, dark hair and brilliant blue eyes that always looked at her with adoration... She shivered to even think of it. He was gorgeous.

But she also used the name for the complete opposite purpose, at those moments where Drac did not quite feel he met up to that stunning standard. Days where he'd come into their suite, haggard and worn from a long day's work. Days where his clothes wore the stench of relief from his grandson's giant excitable monster pup. Days where the charming smile had been replaced with an exhausted frown. Ericka still found him handsome nonetheless, and her reminder to him on that matter always uplifted his mood from whatever troubles he'd experienced before.

Count Wonderful and the Dark Prince of Loviness were used interchangeably in moments the Count found himself in a swoon. Ericka knew Dracula loved her, but some days the zing would grab such a tight hold of his senses that he went out of his way to express himself twice as much as he already did. The sap talk would become even sappier, the flirting a lot more flirtier. And almost always as soon as she called him those two special nicknames, a third she dubbed the 'Lord of Smoochy Time' was quick to follow, as Drac would scoop her towards him and begin to smother her in affectionate kisses.

Not at all too different, Dracula also bestowed some special little names to his wife.

Sweetheart was a classic, both for humans and monsters alike. It was simple enough and let her know that she was cherished and cared for... not that she didn't already know, with how much Drac made sure to hold her hand, or envelope her into a tight embrace, or kiss her senseless every opportunity he got.

Despite her not being a vampire yet, he still enjoyed using the vampiric nickname of honeybat, too, to compliment Ericka whenever she used 'honeyfangs' for him. She'd gently remind him sometimes that she was still only a human, but Drac would reply with his own reminder that - whenever she felt prepared for it, of course - she would one day join him eternally as his Countess. Ericka would bubble with giddy anticipation in turn, the prospect of being together forever with her zing bringing her such joy.

The Count used Bed Bug often upon waking up for the night. The task of getting out of the coffin was easy in the years before the cruise, but now, it had become the complete opposite. By no means a lazy woman herself, Ericka also hadn't had trouble rising up for the night when she lived on The Legacy. Now, however, she had a husband by her side, the wonderful Prince of Darkness himself whom she loved to death, and she clutched onto him tightly as they slept. Their snuggle formed a wonderful cocoon of warmth and comfort between them, and it proved difficult to try and break free of it. The result was lingering cuddles for longer than intended before Drac forced himself - albeit reluctantly - out of their embrace with a soft coo of "it's time to rise and shine, my little bed bug." Ericka would groan a protest, but eventually acquiesced with a small yelp when Drac lifted her up and out in a bridal carry, nuzzling his nose against hers sweetly.

Mouse was the name used whenever Ericka behaved in a manner that the Count found utterly adorable. Sometimes it would be the way she giggled whenever she found something funny. Sometimes it would be the way her eyes would dilate and sparkle whenever she looked at him with adoration. Sometimes it would be the way her face became flush whenever he whispered something sweet in her ear, or kissed her tenderly while holding her close. She was cute, and the Count couldn't deny that.

Sunflower, however, was his favorite. It was a term coined by Drac not long after they had started dating, after he had noticed her fancy for the yellow flower. Each outing they had together he would make sure to bring her one, the woman adding it to her steadily growing collection in her room's flowerpot or allowing Drac to tuck the floret behind her left ear to wear. He'd compare her to its beauty in a poetic fashion, claiming it was the perfect symbol of their relationship for the fact that the 'sun' was her formerly dangerous side to him, and the 'flower' was the side of her that bloomed into something greater. But most of all, he liked to use the nickname for her because, to him, it reminded him of the brightness she had restored back into his life, opening his heart back up to love again and allowing him to experience the incredible sensation of the Zing.

But, whether it was her calling him some sweet little pet name or him calling her an endearing nickname, they both knew that in the end they were Dracula and Ericka - husband and wife, lovers and zings, and soulmates for life.