Extravaganza

Lights shone and cameras flashed.

Everywhere around, monsters cheered, whooped and hollered in excitable jubilation - some voices sounding more like roars and others like actual words - all for the sake of celebration at the decked-out hotel. From the DJ's booth's boombox, an energetic and quite familiar song played for everyone to dance and sing along to. Except this time, it was not for the need to defeat a giant Kraken hypnotized into destroying all monsters - it was simply to just have fun in celebrating the union between Count Dracula and his new bride, Ericka. Arms flailed and hips swayed rhythmically as the happy pair remained at the center of it all, leading the dance and moving in perfect time with the music that they chanted out.

Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena

Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegría y cosa buena

Dale a tu cuerpo alegría, Macarena

Hey Macarena, ay!

A few more passes of the classic moves were pulled off in effortless precision until the final chords rang out, ending the song and bringing the guests into applause with joyous exclamations.

Ericka laughed, clinging to her husband's arm. "Boy, that was fun!"

"Yes!" Drac agreed. "And it looks like some of us can't get enough." He gestured with a thumb over to where Johnny - although the music had already stopped - was still rocking about, his eyes closed and a wide smile on his face. Next to him, Mavis shook her head.

"Honey," she laughed, placing a hand on his shoulder to break him out of his reverie. "It's time for the next song!"

Johnny finally opened his eyes and looked at her excitedly. "Aw, come on, Maves, one more time! It's a good jam!"

This time, Ericka approached him. "As much as I'd love to agree, I think I want to take a moment to catch my breath. Got any slower tunes in your list?"

The redhead grinned wide, eager to please his new mother-in-law. "You bet!"

Dashing over to his laptop, he dimmed the lights of the ballroom and selected a 70's-inspired romantic ballad from the list. As he pressed play, a beautiful melody filled the room and soon set the mood into something far more intimate. Couples paired off with each other and moved gently to the harmonious beat, a stark contrast to the frenzy of the previous number. In a gentlemanly gesture, Dracula extended his hand forward to Ericka with flourish, a coy grin playing at his lips.

"May I have this dance, my love?" he asked, voice light and playful.

Smiling happily, the woman took his outstretched hand and gave it a squeeze. "I would be honored."

With a twirl, they began their first waltz as newlyweds. The two were naturals, falling into step with each other in each dip, spin, and turn without thinking. She giggled each time he snuck in a quick kiss, the man unable to resist the temptation his wife presented.

Each little display of affection was met with a coo or smile from the other couples who happened to sway past and catch a glimpse of the tenderness between them. Even Mavis, who normally cringed or was quick to shield her eyes from such a sight, couldn't help but give a fond smile of her own.

The glint of the brilliant chandelier, with its many glistening gems shining against the light, caught the corner of Drac's vision from overhead, sparking an idea into his head. He gazed down lovingly at Ericka, speaking softly into her ear.

"My love... what do you say we take this up a notch?"

Ericka gave him a questioning look, before following his gaze up to the vast ceiling above. She furrowed her brow slightly. "Drac, in case you forgot, I'm still human. I can't stick onto the walls like you and Mavis do."