There was nothing new for me to say. I still had feelings I couldn't control and if seeing Levi told me anything, it was that I needed to be more careful... Even so, it didn't stop me from missing Robin's company. Missing everything.

Henry sat back in his seat, as if he could hear the thoughts in my head. "You can't put him off forever, Leah. He's trying to do his job... and you still need him to do yours."

"I know." I mumbled, flipping over the omelet. It was still too runny and split the minute I tried to fold it. Frowning at it, I moved the spatula in the pan to scramble it instead. We left it at that.

The phone rang again. Once more. Then it went quiet. After a moment, the screen lit up with a text. I handed the good omelet on a plate to Henry and placed the scrambled eggs in front of me as I sat down. Opening the phone I read his message:

I don't remember "Ignore Robin" being in the contract. I would like to formally request that my business associate answer her phone. Sent 9:45 am.

As I read this message another one comes through:

Come on, Leah. I don't want to do this anymore...talk to me. Sent 9:46 am.

Henry catches my eye again, and he stares pointedly at the phone. "I don't know what happened but pretending he doesn't exist is cruel."

Then he looks at his plate and cuts into his food, muttering, "Believe me...I would know."

I lock the screen, setting the phone back down, "I'll call him back later. I'm too tired now"

Henry shakes his head, and we eat in silence. Before he leaves that afternoon, he ruffles my hair, and swipes his jacket off the chair, "Get some rest." 

The suggestion lands on my body as a demand, and I move to the couch. The door clicks shut behind Henry by the time I'm buried in blankets and the tv is on. I had no idea what I'm watching, but the noise was low and calm. Everything fades. 

--

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

I shot up off the couch, pulled from a dead sleep at the sound of someone knocking on my door. The tv was droning on and I grope around for the remote in the blankets before shutting it off. My apartment goes dark without the tv on, casting a grey shadow over everything. Sitting up, I click on the lamp beside me and stare at the door, waiting. The knock comes again.

Standing, I toss the blankets to the side and walk toward the keyhole. Peeking out, I see Robin waiting in the hallway.

Shit. I close my eyes, pressing my hand to my face. Rubbing my palms over my skin, I try to wake up, but the grogginess lingers.

Finding the clock on the wall, I found it was 11:34 pm. I slept through the entire day.

The lamp beside the couch casts a yellow glow over everything, making it seem much later and there's a calm to my apartment that weighs on my shoulders and eyelids. I feel as if I've been sleeping for weeks instead of hours.

Stumbling back to the couch for my phone, I check my messages. There's only one recent text and it's from Robin:

I'm coming over. sent 10:58 pm.

Sighing deeply, I straighten out my hair and clothes before walking back to the door. It only takes a second to open it, and as if there's a strong wind in the hallway, it swings wide. Robin is staring at me stubbornly, arms folded tight over his chest.

"Hey." I say, but it's groggy with sleep. I clear my throat and say again, "Hi."

He raises his eyebrow, "So you are alive?"